Join & Give
The Friends of the University Libraries is an organization of volunteers from our campus and community who want to assist in fulfilling the mission of the University Libraries. The purpose of The Friends of the University Libraries is to:
- Develop public awareness and appreciation for the contribution the Libraries make to the University and its communities;
- Assist in the further development of the Libraries collection of books and materials;
- Promote the proper use of the Libraries facilities by students, faculty and other qualified persons so as to enrich the cultural and intellectual life of the area;
- Serve in an advisory capacity when requested by the Dean of Libraries and the administration of The University of Memphis;
- Assist in fund-raising both on campus and beyond, so that the resources and facilities of the Libraries may be maintained and expanded; the Friends are a key element of the development program of the University Libraries through membership remittances and gifts, which provide essential support to the educational mission and programs of the University Libraries.
Join our Friends of the Library bi-monthly newsletter, which informs our Friends of what's going on at the Libraries!:
As the component of the University that touches each student and faculty or staff member, as well as countless others across our communities, there is no more critical element to our institution and its scholarship than the University Libraries. In order to acquire, preserve and sustain access to materials and resources for all Libraries users, external funding to the Libraries is essential.
Gifts to the University Libraries are investments, not only in the future of the Libraries, but in the future of our entire University and community. Such gifts can come in many forms, including annual contributions, gifts of endowment, gifts of personal holdings and planned gifts. In addition, numerous naming opportunities are available within McWherter Library, that allow you to leave a lasting affirmation of your support while providing critical assistance to the Libraries.
For more information on giving to the University Libraries, please contact Brannen Varner.
If you would like to make a gift immediately, proceed to our online giving form, or you may mail your gift to:
The University of Memphis Foundation
P.O. Box 1000
Memphis, TN 38148-0001
Checks can be made payable to The University of Memphis Foundation, noting that the gift is to be directed to the University Libraries.