Student Resources Banner

Undergraduate Student Handbook

The Undergraduate Student Handbook is a comprehensive guide for all policies and procedures for undergraduate students in the School of Music.

Graduate Student Handbook

The Graduate Student Handbook is a comprehensive guide for all policies and procedures for graduate students in the School of Music.

School of Music Degree Plan Directory

The Degree Plan Directory provides more information on choosing your path with the School of Music.

General Information 

Change of Concentration Form
Students who want to change or add a music concentration must submit this form.
Collaborative Piano Services Request 
This form requests a staff pianist for recitals, masterclasses, area workshops, competitions, and other performances. See 5.3 Collaborative Piano Services for more information.
Jury System
The system is used for scheduling juries and ensemble auditions.
Student Travel Request Form
Students can use this form to request travel funding. See 5.5 Student Travel in the Student Handbook.
Rental form for Music Instruments and Lockers 
This form must be submitted to rent any School of Music instrument or check out a key to lockers or practice rooms.
Student Ensemble Auditions
Student ensemble audition procedures for Choral, Instrumental, Mighty Sound of the South and Sound Fuzion.
Recording Studio Services Request
For the Fall 2022 Semester, recording studio time is available on Fridays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. 
Six Ways to Focus on Your Mental Health
Use these simple strategies and resources to prioritize your mental health and well-being.
Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music Annual Soloist Competition
Competition Rules I Competition Application
Applying to Graduate

Undergraduate students in the final two semesters of their degree should visit the College's Apply to Graduate page. Graduate students in their last two semesters of their degree should visit the Graduate School's Graduation Information page.


AV Technology Service Request  
Faculty can request AV Technology service, but they must submit this form a minimum of 14 days before the event. 

Room Scheduling
The School of Music uses the University's Virtual EMS system for room scheduling. Use the following calendars to view availability.

Recital & Concert Program Information
Information on recital requests and concert program information can be found in 4.1 Recitals of the Student Handbook. 

Gig Board

This Gig Board acts as a communication tool to highlight performance opportunities for the University of Memphis Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music student musicians. Check the Gig Board for paid opportunities to gain experience and showcase your skills in music.