Prospective MS Students
- A bachelor’s degree in physics or closely related discipline with a minimum of 3.00 GPA in undergraduate courses, and a minimum of 20 semester hours of undergraduate physics, including upper division mechanics, electricity and magnetism, introductory quantum mechanics, and thermal physics, and approved mathematics courses in calculus and differential equations.
- International applicants are required to provide evidence of English Language Proficiency. Please see the “Language Proficiency Requirements” section at this Graduate School website.
(Meeting the minimum department standards does not entitle an applicant to admission. Meeting such standards only insures consideration of the application.)
- All undergraduate (and graduate, if any) transcripts.
- Personal Statement.
- (If English Proficiency Exam is needed): TOEFL or IELTS or Duolingo score.
- (If GPA is not on 4.0 scale): Word Education Services (WES) transcript evaluation report or equivalent (report from WES iGPA calculator is acceptable).
Three letters of recommendation are required.
March 1 for Application for Fall Semesters,
October 1 for Application for Spring Semesters.
Timeline for Review
March 15 for Application for Fall Semesters,
October 15 for Application for Spring Semesters.
Please follow the instructions in the Graduate School website to submit your application.
Only completed applications will be considered for review.
For Ghanaian applicants:
The University of Memphis has an agreement with the Ghana Scholarships Secretariat (GSS). If you are admitted, you can apply to GSS for the Secretariat Scholarship, which will provide both stipend and tuition.
The scholarship application can be completed at https://www.scholarshipgh.com.