Former Doctoral Students and Honors
- 2014 - Morton Thesis Award for Excellence in Graduate Research. Awarded for most outstanding thesis project at the University of Memphis.
- 2010 - Meritorious Student Abstract Award, Society for Behavioral Medicine
- 2010 - Child and Family Health Student Award for Excellence in Research, Society for Behavioral Medicine
- 2009 - Travel Awards equaling approximately $2,200
- Awarded for conference presentations
- Currently employed at Memphis VAMC. Interned at Memphis VAMC. Graduated 2012
- Currently employed at Memphis VAMC. Interned at Memphis VAMC. Graduated 2010
- Winner of First Generation Award, The University of Memphis
- Currently employed at Memphis VAMC. Interned at Memphis VMAC. Graduated 2008
- Currently employed at Research Genetics, Huntsville, Alabama. Interned at Memphis VMAC. Graduated 2008.
- 2004-2006 - Minority grant awarded from NIH: Smoking onset in a biethnic population.
Lisa Schum Kahalley
- Currently employed at Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children's Hospital. Interned at Duke University. Graduated 2007
- 2005-2007 - F31 Dissertation research award from NIH for Tobacco Use in Survivors of Childhood Cancer
Leslie Throckmorton Belzer
- Currently employed as director, Pediatric Psychologist Services, Los Altos, CA. Interned at Stanford University. Graduated 2004