Teacher Licensure

The Office of Teacher Education and Clinical Practice provides assistance for University of Memphis students seeking teaching licensure in the State of Tennessee. Please use the menu to the left of this page for instructions and information on the different licenses available. Students who wish to obtain a license from another state must contact the Department of Education for that state. Please visit U.S. Department of Education's State Contacts for a list of state by state education agencies.

For questions or concerns regarding Tennessee Teaching Licensure, please contact our Licensing and Certification Specialist, Mary Lanier or at 901-678-2377.