Funding Your Study Abroad Experience

In many cases, financial aid (student loans, scholarships, etc.) can be used toward covering the cost of study abroad.
There are also a limited number of scholarships that may apply to your program of choice. You can generally use UofM academic scholarships, Hope Scholarship, federal student loans and Pell grants that are normally applicable to campus programs for study abroad costs. Some UofM tuition waivers do apply.

Scholarships for Study Abroad

The University of Memphis Study Abroad Scholarship is available for full-time graduate and undergraduate students at The University of Memphis. Undergraduate students must have completed 45 semester hours and have a minimum 2.75 GPA. Graduate students must have completed 6 semester hours and be in good academic standing. In addition to the UofM Study Abroad Scholarship, there are various institutional and external scholarships students may be eligible to apply for. 

Financial Aid for Study Abroad

Using financial aid can make your study abroad experience more affordable. You must complete the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) to attain aid if you have not done so already for the academic year. For semester and year programs, all normal financial aid can usually be used towards your study abroad program fees. For more information please visit the UofM financial aid page.

For questions regarding financial aid please visit the Enrollment Services Center (ESC) located at Wilder Tower 102 or email