Outstanding Alumni Award
Do you know an outstanding alumnus/na of any of the College of Arts & Sciences graduate or undergraduate programs?
Each year the CAS Alumni Chapter board of directors selects nominated alumni to receive this prestigious award. The recipient is honored at a banquet and proceeds from the dinner are designated to the College of Arts & Sciences Alumni Chapter Endowed Scholarship.
CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD includes any individual that has received an undergraduate or graduate degree from the College of Arts & Sciences, has achieved notable success in his/her career, and has demonstrated consistent exemplary community service. Current CAS Alumni Board members are not eligible.
WE NEED YOUR HELP IN IDENTIFYING DESERVING CANDIDATES.
If you know of an alum who fits our criteria, please complete the Nomination Form. Any further necessary information will be requested directly by the CAS Alumni Office.
OUTSTANDING YOUNG ALUMNI AWARD RECIPIENTS
- 2009 - Meah King (BA '02, MAT '05)
OUTSTANDING ALUMNI AWARD RECIPIENTS
- 2009 - Thomas Appleton (BA '71)
- 2009 - James Morse (BA '90, MS '93)
- 2009 - Keith Prewitt (BA '81)
- 2008 - Hortense Spillers (BA '64, MA '66)
- 2008 - Maura Black Sullivan (BA '89, MA '97)
- 2008 - Jamie Lee McMahan (BS '65)
- 2007 - Reed Baskin ('65)
- 2007 - Eric Robertson ('03)
- 2007 - Peggy Turley ('85)
- 2006 - Michael Demster (MPA '04), Vice President BioMedical Business Development, Memphis Regional Chamber
- 2006 - Barbara I. Ingram (BS '56 History), Retired Lifelong Educator
- 2006 - Timm Stubbs (BS '71, MA '95 Geography), Owner, Stubbs Commercial REALTORS
- 2005 - Robert E. Sweeney (MBA '82, MS '97), President & CEO, Challenger Corporation
- 2005 - Anita Vaughn (BA '77, MPA '82), Registered Nurse, Baptist Memorial Healthcare
- 2004 - Patrick W. Lawler ('77 CJUS, '81g CAPS), CEO, Youth Villages;
- 2004 - Mark H. Luttrell ('74g PA), Shelby County Sheriff;
- 2003 - Tim E. Bolding ('77 ANTH, '80g ANTH) Housing Director, United Way of the Mid-South;
- 2002 - Thomas E. Boggs ('72 HIST), President & CEO, Huey's Corporation;
- 2002 - Deborah L. Talbot ('72 MATH), Founder, Create Tampa Bay;
- 2001 - Margaret D. Craddock ('82g ANTH, '88 J.D.), Executive Director, Metropolitan Interfaith Association (MIFA);
- 2000 - Allie J. Prescott III ('69 HIST, '72 J.D.), President, Allie Prescott Partners;
- 1999 - Peggy Jemison Bodine ('65 ENG, '74g HIST, '92 Ph.D. HIST), Professor Emeritus, University of Memphis;
- 1998 - Kay S. Robilio ('73 ENG, '81 J.D.), Judge, Memphis Circuit Court;
- 1997 - Anne Dodd Freeman ('55 ENG, '61g ENG), retired CEO, Freeman Properties.