Maurice I. Mendel, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus, School of Communication Sciences and Disorders
About Maurice Mendel
Dr. Mendel joined the department in 1988 as Chair and a few years later became the Founding Dean of the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders. He retired in 2005 and serves in an emeritus role.
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin, Madison. Audiology, 1970
- M.S. Washington University, St. Louis. Speech and Hearing, 1967
- B.A. University of Colorado, Boulder. Audiology and Speech Pathology, 1965
- Dean of the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders (- August 2015)
- Director of the Memphis Speech and Hearing Center (- August 2015)
- Director of the Center for Research Initiatives and Strategies for the Communicatively Impaired. (- August 2015)
Honors and Awards
Honors of the Council - Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders, 2012