Maurice I. Mendel, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus, School of Communication Sciences and Disorders
4055 N. Park Loop, Room 3021
About Maurice Mendel
Dr. Mendel joined the department in 1988 as Chair and a few years later became the Founding Dean of the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders. He retired in 2005 and serves in an emeritus role.
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin, Madison. Audiology, 1970
- M.S. Washington University, St. Louis. Speech and Hearing, 1967
- B.A. University of Colorado, Boulder. Audiology and Speech Pathology, 1965
- Dean of the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders (- August 2015)
- Director of the Memphis Speech and Hearing Center (- August 2015)
- Director of the Center for Research Initiatives and Strategies for the Communicatively Impaired. (- August 2015)
Honors and Awards
Honors of the Council - Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders, 2012