Below you will find some of our most frequently asked questions. Please click on the question to see the answer. If you have a questions that is not answered here, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 901.678.2115.
- How does my student actually register for classes at the UofM?
- What makes a student full-time?
- How many courses can or should a student take a semester?
- I need proof that my student is enrolled at the University of Memphis. How can I get this?
- How much study time is required?
- Can I contact my student's instructors?
- Does my student have to declare a major right away? What if my student doesn't know what he/she wants to major in?
- How does my student pick or change a major?
- Are freshmen courses taught mostly by temporary or part-time instructors and by graduate assistants?
- Is any tutoring or extra help available?
- Should my student have a computer?
- Can my student earn a degree in 4 years?
- How are students assigned an advisor?
- How do I get a copy of last semester's grades or verification that my student qualifies for a Good Student Discount for auto insurance?
- When is Commencement?
- What are the University Colleges and Academic Departments?
Emergencies and Medical Problems
- How can I reach my student in an emergency if he or she is in class?
- How does my student withdraw for medical reasons?
- What if my student becomes ill while at college? Can he or she get any treatment on campus?
- What is LiveSafe? How can my student sign up for this service? Can my student sign me up for this service?
Scholarships, Aid, and Student Employment
Career & Psychological Counseling Center
- Can I make an appointment for my daughter/son to do career testing?
- Can anyone come in for counseling whenever they want?
- Is there a limit on how many times they can come in?
- Can I come with them to their appointments?
- Is there a charge for counseling?
- Can you give my child an aptitude test to show them what they’re good at?
- Is there a psychiatrist available for prescribing medication, like for ADD or depression?
- Are services only for undergraduates?
Disability Resources for Students
- Can my daughter/son get testing for ADHD/LD before school starts so s/he doesn’t have to wait?
- How much does the ADHD/LD testing cost?
- I would like to have my son/daughter evaluated for a Learning Disability or Attention Deficit Disorder. Are there any places on campus that can do this type of evaluation?
- If my son/daughter registers with Disability Resources for Students, will reference to his/her disability appear on his/her transcript?
- I am concerned about my son/daughter’s disability limitations will affect his/her career choice. Can you assist with this?