Dr. Edward Maclin
About Dr. Maclin
Dr. Maclin received his PhD from the University of Georgia in 2015. His dissertation focused on shifting organizational culture and social networks in the work of the WWF Global Arctic Program. He has also conducted research on international environmental policy and after school education programs. He has taught at both the University of Memphis and Rhodes College. He is the co-editor of the 2012 book, The Slaw and the Slow-Cooked: Culture and Barbecue in the Mid-South. From 2008 through 2016, he served as the list manager for EANTH-L, the American Anthropological Association's Ecology and Environment section listserv. He has also served as a member of the International Union for the Conservation of Nature Commission on Environmental, Economic, and Social Policy.
Interests and Expertise
Politics of knowledge; science, technology, and society; political ecology; organizational and institutional ethnography; food and agriculture; globalization; energy and climate change; science and policy; networks; collaborative methods; educational ethnography
- 2015 Witter, Rebecca; Suiseeya, Kim; Gruby, Rebecca; Hitchner, Sarah; Maclin, Edward; Borque, Maggie; and J. Peter Brosius. Moments of influence at the 10th Conference of Parties of the Convention on Biological Diversity. Environmental Politics. 24:6. 894 – 912.
- 2014 Scott, Deborah; Hitchner, Sarah; Maclin, Edward; and Juan Luis Dammert Bello. Fuel for the Fire: Biofuels and the Problem of Translation at the Tenth Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity. Global Environmental Politics. 14:3.
- 2012 Haggerman, Shannon; Witter, Rebecca; Corson, Catherine; Suarez, Daniel; Maclin, Edward; Borque, Maggie; and Lisa Campbell. On the coattails of climate? Opportunities and threats of a warming Earth for biodiversity conservation. Global Environmental Change. 22(3):724-735.
- 2011 Veteto, James and Edward Maclin, eds. The Slaw and the Slow-Cooked: Culture and Barbecue in the Mid-South. Nashville:Vanderbilt University Press.
- 2010 Maclin, Edward M. and Juan Luis Dammert. Setting the stage for biofuels: Policy texts, community of practice, and institutional ambiguity at the Fourth World Conservation Congress. Conservation and Society. 8(3):312-319.
- 2010 Maclin, Edward. The 2009 UN Climate Talks: Alternate media and participation from anthropologists. American Anthropologist. 112(3):464-466.
- 2010 Chernela, Janet; Crate, Susan; Derman, Brandon; Johnson, Noor; Maclin, Ted; and Bob Pokrant. Documenting COP-15: Modes of participation and knowledge flows. Anthropology News. 51(4): 21-22.