Chiropractic Medicine Requirements
- The practice of chiropractic medicine focuses on the relationship between structure, primarily of the spine, and function, as coordinated by the nervous system, and how that relationship affects the reservation and restoration of health.
- There is no particular major required to enter chiropractic training although a strong background in science is highly recommended. It is the applicant's responsibility to research each school and review recommended coursework in addition to verifying the prerequisites listed below. Application dates and deadlines may vary.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree is strongly encouraged. No entrance exam is required.
- Additional recommended coursework includes Anatomy and Physiology, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Nutrition, and Biochemistry.
- Association of Chiropractic Colleges
- Council on Chiropractic Education
- American Chiropractic Association
|Courses||U of M Course|| Actual minimum semester hours required
by all Chiropractic Colleges
|General Biology||BIOL 1110/1111
|General Chemistry||CHEM 1110/1111
|Organic Chemistry||CHEM 3310/3301
|General Physics||PHYS 2010/2011
|English Composition||ENGL 1010
|Social Sciences and Humanities||Courses in ANTH, ECON, HIST, POLS, PSYC, SOCI, ART, ENGL, MUS, PHIL, RLGN, and