Pre-Health Resource Center
The Pre-Health Resource Center provides resource advising for students interested in pursuing a career in Chiropractic Medicine, Dentistry, Medicine, Optometry, Osteopathic Medicine, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Podiatry, and Veterinary Medicine.
In addition, the Pre-Professional Advisor serves as the primary advisor for students interested in pursuing a career in one of the following Allied Health fields: Cytotechnology, Dental Hygiene, Health Informatics and Management, Medical Technology, Occupational Therapy, and Respiratory Care.
Benefits of Utilizing the Pre-Health Resource Center
- Guest speakers and panel discussions from health science professionals and current health science students
- Opportunity to meet with admissions officials from the UT Health Science Center, the Southern College of Optometry, East Tennessee State University College of Medicine, and other health science professionals
- Catalogs and resource information from professional schools across the country
- Assistance with the admissions application to professional school
- Information on internships, job/volunteer opportunities, scholarships, and fellowship programs
University of Memphis Partnerships with Health Colleges
UTHSC College of Medicine
The University of Memphis has partnered with UTHSC College of Medicine to offer University of Memphis students the opportunity for guaranteed interview. Students meeting the below requirements may apply for guaranteed interview beginning with the 2024/2025 application cycle.
- Students must earn a minimum 3.5 cumulative and science grade point average.
- Students must score a minimum of 505 on the MCAT.
- Students must meet existing UTHSC College of Medicine prerequisite requirements with a minimum of “C.” for an up to date list of prerequisites for the UTHSC College of Medicine follow this link (make ‘this link’ the actual link )
- Students must have at least 3 letters of recommendation, including one from a current MD.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States at the time of application.
- Students applying to this program must be a current US citizen at time of application.
- Students will still apply to the UTHSC College of Medicine through the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) (make ‘American Medical College Application Service’ the actual link https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school-amcas/applying-medical-school-amcas )
This program of guaranteed interview does not serve as guaranteed admission into the UTHSC College of Medicine*
(Contact the Pre-Health Advisor for additional information and requirements.)
- UTHSC Pharmacy 3+4 Pharm D Program
- Union University 3+4 Pharm D Program
- UTHSC Medical Laboratory Sciences 3+1.5 Program
- Baptist College of Health Studies Medical Laboratory Science 3+2 Program