Pre-Health Links and Resources
The Pre-Health Resource Center provides resource advising for students interested in pursuing a career in Chiropractic Medicine, Dentistry, Medicine, Optometry, Osteopathic Medicine, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Podiatry, and Veterinary Medicine.
In addition, the Pre-Professional Advisor serves as the primary advisor for students interested in pursuing a career in one of the following Allied Health fields: Cytotecnology, Dental Hygiene, Health Informatics and Management, Medical Technology, Occupational Therapy, and Respiratory Care.
Benefits of Utilizing the Pre-Health Resource Center:
- Guest speakers and panel discussions from health science professionals and current health science students
- Opportunity to meet with admissions officials from the UT Health Science Center, the Southern College of Optometry, East Tennessee State University College of Medicine, and other health science professionals
- Opportunity for qualified students to join the UofM chapter of Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED), the Health Pre-Professional Honor Society
- Catalogs and resource information from professional schools across the country
- Assistance with the admissions application to professional school
- Information on internships, job/volunteer opportunities, scholarships, and fellowship programs