Physical Therapy Requirements
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Physical Therapists work with patients of every age, assisting with the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability.
- The University of Tennessee Health Science Center offers a three-year professional program. Graduates of this program are awarded the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree. No online science courses allowed.
- There is no particular major required for physical therapy although a strong background in science is highly recommended. It is the applicant's responsibility to research each school and review recommended coursework in addition to verifying the prerequisites listed below. Application dates and deadlines may vary.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree and the GRE (Graduate Record Exam) is required for admission to all programs.
- American Physical Therapy Association
Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS)
|Courses||U of M Course|| # of hours required by University of
Tennessee Health Science Center
|Anatomy & Physiology||BIOL 2010/2011
|General Biology||BIOL 1110/1111
|General Chemistry||CHEM 1110/1111
|General Physics||PHYS 2010/2011
|Statistics||EDPR 4541, MATH 1530,
SOCI 3311, MATH 4611
|Math||MATH 1720 or higher||3|
|Psychology||PSYC 1030 and one additional course||6|