Goal 2: Create Opportunities to Succeed
Foster an exciting, all-encompassing student experience, that encourages students to persevere, grow and thrive while laying the foundations for future success and creating an enriching lifelong bond with the university.
- CAS will encourage collaboration between departments and/or colleges to offer/ recommend
courses to package into microcredentials that enhance soft skills and/or develop career
or research skills.
- CAS will increase the number of paid internship opportunities for students through
collaboration with both career services and university advancement by increasing engagement
between departments and relevant local businesses interested in hosting paid student
interns and increasing financial support for the CAS experiential learning fellowship
program that supports student participation in unpaid internships.
- CAS will encourage flexibility in scheduling to provide better student support.
- CAS will collaborate with the Division of Student Academic Success to establish short
and long-term strategies to support students experiencing preparedness gaps, including
gaps associated with pandemic losses, to enhance the capabilities of our students
- CAS will create additional faculty advising/staff lines for advising, particularly within departments with a high student-advisor ratio to support student success. CAS will train faculty, faculty advisors and program directors, particularly undergraduate, on ways to utilize the Navigate portal to ensure effective and consistent implementation of student success plans/goals and catch students falling through the cracks.
Participants for Goal 2 Brainstorming Group are listed below.
The participants met several times during the 2023 fall semester to collaborate and develop a proposal for actions that was submitted to the dean for final approval.
|Student Academic Success
|CAS Dean's Office
|CAS Dean's Office