About the Herff College of Engineering
Welcome to the Herff College of Engineering (HCOE), a place where we can help you achieve your dreams!
Imagine a college that impacts the quality of life around the world. That is what we do at the Herff College of Engineering. We impact our region, our country and our world in a wealth of ways including healthcare improvements, clean drinking water, medical devices, electricity generation/ smart grid technologies, earthquake-safe structures, transportation and logistics, additive manufacturing, and even tissue regeneration. In addition to improving lives around the globe, we also impact the individual lives of our students by preparing them for successful and rewarding careers.
If you are looking for a place to get an exceptional education to prepare you for a lifetime of work that makes a difference, look no further than HCOE. See what we have to offer by surfing our website or touring our top-notch facilities. During your online and in person visit, you will learn about our nearly 20 degree programs and the many exciting activities and services that will enrich or smooth the path on the way to your engineering degree.
• We will provide quality education, research, and service that responds to the needs
and challenges of this region and nation.
• We will promote the knowledge, skills, ethics, creativity, and critical thinking necessary for professional competence and lifelong learning, including an international perspective and a social awareness.
• We will conduct quality scholarship and research across the College, and world-class research in selected areas.
We will be the College of choice for engineering students in this region.
• The success of our students will be the primary measure of our success.
• We will provide a diverse and vibrant atmosphere that encourages all students, faculty, and staff to attain their maximum potential.
• We will instill a spirit of pride, cooperation, and accountability in everything we do.
• We believe that instruction, research, scholarship, service, and outreach are mutually supportive activities.
Herff College of Engineering
201 Engineering Administration Building
University of Memphis
Memphis, Tennessee 38152