Housing                                                                                               Contact us on whatsapp >


University Housing

University housing is available to full-time IEI students on a first-come, first-serve basis. The dormitories are for single or unaccompanied married students. Many of the dormitories are closed when the university is not in session, but housing is available year-round in the Carpenter Apartments and in the Shirley C. Raines Centennial Place dormitory. All dormitory rooms are furnished, but students must supply their own sheets, pillows and pillowcases, towels and other personal items.

Students who are married and/or have children and want to live in University Family Housing on the Park Avenue Campus.There may be a waiting list for University Family Housing.

Carpenter Apartments and Shirley C. Raines Centennial Place are located on the main UM campus. University Family Housing is located on the UM Park Avenue Campus, 2 miles from the main UM campus. The UM Blue Line shuttle bus provides free transportation to the main UM campus, but students must find their own transportation to go to other places in the city.

IEI students should apply for on-campus housing through the online IEI application.  Do not apply directly on the Residence Life website.

Click here for a virtual tour of housing at UM.