Dr. Ranganathan Gopalakrishnan
UMRF Ventures Assistant Professor
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Memphis, August 2016 – present
UMRF Ventures Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering (Sept. 2020-Aug.
US Dept of Energy EARLY CAREER Award 2020 https://science.osti.gov/early-career
- Visiting Academic Fellow, Laboratoire des Sciences des Procédés et des Matériaux, University Paris XIII, July 1 – 20, 2018.
- Lecturer, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, The University of Iowa, August 2015 to July 2016
- Postdoctoral Scholar in Chemical Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, October 2014 to July 2015.
- Postdoctoral Scholar in Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, September 2013 to September 2014.
- Ph. D., University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN, U. S. A., August 2013.
- Bachelor of Technology (Mechanical Engineering), National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, India. May 2008.
- Transport processes in gas-phase systems (aerosols, dusty plasmas and ionized gases)
- High concentration aerosol generation using ultrasonic dispersion of powders
- Aerosol Impact Consolidation method for producing ceramic thin films
For prospective graduate assistants and postdoctoral applicants: If you would like to know more details about current projects in my group, feel free to contact me at email@example.com. If you are seeking graduate assistant/postdoc positions, state "PhD/Postdoc applicant for Summer/Fall/Spring 20xx" in the subject line.