Mechanical Engineering News
- Dr. Marchetta will be recognized with the AIAA Abe M. Zarem Educator Award at AIAA SciTech 2019 in January. This award recognizes the faculty advisor of the winner of the Zarem Award for Distinguished Achievement, reflecting Dr. Zarem's belief that the guidance of faculty members is fundamental to the success of student research.
- Ken M. Mitchell Wins 2018 AIAA Foundation Abe M. Zarem Award for Distinguished Achievement in Astronautics.
- Three Mechanical Engineering students won 1st place in the Team Division of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Region II Student Conference
- Dr. Gary Qi and Dr. Steve Wayne win Navy STTR award on helicopter health monitoring
- Dr. Ali Fatemi is the new Chair of Mechanical Engineering
- Tennessee Department of Transportation granted $372,648 to the University of Memphis Vehicle Emission Reduction Program lead by Dr. John Hochstein and Dr. Steve Wayne, April 30,2017-April 29,2020.