For SWRK Minors and Non-Majors asking for SWRK elective course permits, please do the following:
Send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include the following information:
- Telephone Number
- CRN for the course(s) you're requesting
Permits can take up to 3-5 business days for approval and entry. Please keep this in mind when requesting your permits.
PLEASE READ BEFORE SCHEDULING YOUR ADVISING APPOINTMENT!
As of 2018, any student who has not completed both SWRK 2010 and SWRK 2011 (with a grade of at least a C-) is considered Academic Focus - Social Sciences.
- Prof. Kenya Anderson advises all students who are thinking of changing their major to Social Work or who are interested in transferring to the University of Memphis from another institution of higher learning.
- Only students who have completed both SWRK 2010 and SWRK 2011, and submitted a complete Social Work Major application (Click the "Apply Now" tab above for more information) are recognized as Social Work (SWRK) majors.
- Permits are required to enroll in all SWRK classes.
Use the table below to determine the name of your advisor:
Additional students to be advised:
How to Schedule an Appointment
|Prof. Danielle Seemann||SWRK students who have begun their Field Placement||--||Use Navigate|
|Prof. Kenya Anderson
||SWRK students who have not yet started Field
||All Academic Focus - Social Science (AF-SS) students and all students interested in transferring into the major.||Use Navigate|
|Prof. Morganne Austin-Dotson
||All Lambuth and UM Global students: Both SWRK and AF-SS||Use Navigate|
All advisors for the School of Social Work prefer that you schedule your advising appointments via the Navigate (formerly SSC Campus) System. Access Navigate by clicking here.
Helpful Links for Registration:
- Registration Quick Guide
- Academic Calendars (semester dates/deadlines, registration dates/deadlines, etc.)
Questions? Call the School of Social Work at 901-678-2616.