Student Social Work Organization (SSWO)
The Student Social Work Organization (SSWO) is a student organization for Social Work students at the University of Memphis.
The mission of the Student Social Work Organization at the University of Memphis is to advance communication between students, faculty, administrators and community service providers in the social service fields.
The Student Social Work Organization is committed to social change by promoting empowerment and social justice through service and outreach.
Schedule of Meetings and Events for AY 2021-2022
- September 2, 2021 from 5-6pm Central via Zoom. Recording here: https://youtu.be/Kxc2-KqDjEM
- October 20, 2021 from 6:30-7:30pm Central via Zoom. Recording here: https://youtu.be/yktN62yBvX0
- November 17, 2021 from 6:30-7:30pm Central via Zoom (meeting info below) and in the UC Senate Chamber.
- December 10, 2021 - Semester end party. Time and location TBD.
- January TBD
- February TBD
- March TBD
- April TBD
- May TBD
Zoom meeting information:
Click to Join Zoom Meeting (Please do not click this link until the meeting day/time)
Meeting ID: 880 1948 5706
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,88019485706#,,,,*056569# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,88019485706#,,,,*056569# US (New York)
- President – Darell Kiner
- Vice President – Debbie Trimble
- Secretary – Olivia Hammes
- Treasurer– Katelyn McGrath
- Project Coordinator – Courtney Bell
- Public Relations Coordinator – Vintesha Thompson
- Membership Chair - Max Vinyard
Membership in SSWO is open to any University of Memphis Social Work student in either undergraduate or graduate study that is currently in good standing and registered at the University of Memphis for at least one or more credit courses. Lifetime dues are $20.
If you would like to become a member of SSWO, please complete the SSWO membership application on the TigerZone page: https://memphis.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/sswo
You can view the Constitution and bylaws here: SSWO Bylaws