B.S. ED REQUIREMENTS (NON-LICENSURE)
Non-licensure B.S.Ed. programs include the majors offered through the Department of Health and Sport Sciences. Students may also complete a non-licensure major in the Department of Instruction and Curriculum Leadership. Degree requirements for these majors include the following:
In addition to specific course requirements listed below, students must complete the following:
1. Minimum of 120 semester hours of which at least 45 hours must be upper division and at least 45-51 hours must be liberal content courses.
2. Overall minimum GPA of 2.00.
3. A minimum GPA of 2.00 in all credits earned at the University of Memphis excluding all credit transferred from other institutions.
4. A minimum GPA of 2.25 in all courses required for fulfilling the completion of the major.
5. For the Health and Human Performance and Sport and Leisure Management majors, a minimum GPA of 2.50 in the major (including major core, and concentration requirements) is required for fulfilling the completion of the major.
6. For the Health and Human Performance and Sport and Leisure Management majors, a minimum grade of "C" in all courses required in the major core and concentration, and a 2.00 average for all guided elective courses.
NOTE: Any courses taken in excess of those needed to fulfill the requirements of the major are considered to be general electives and are included only in the calculation of the overall GPA. In those areas where students are required to take elective courses, the student in consultation with and approval of the major advisor, designates where the elective courses are to be applied.