To be admitted with advanced placement, the Registered Nurse must:
1. Be admitted to the University of Memphis as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
2. Have current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Tennessee.
3. Submit evidence of recent clinical practice.
4. Have a minimum college cumulative grade point average of 2.7.
5. Have completed specified pre-nursing courses with a minimum grade of “C”: ENGL
1010, 1020 (6); BIOL 2010/2011, 2020/2021 (8), MATH 1420, MATH 1530, or MATH 1830,
1910 or 2000, BIOL 1230/1231 (4); SOCI 1111 or PSYC 1200; NUTR 3202*.
6. Minimum of 2.66 cumulative grade point average in required laboratory science courses:
BIOL 2010/2011 and 2020/2021; BIOL 1230/1231. A prerequisite science course may be
repeated only once to earn a minimum grade of “C”. A maximum of two prerequisite science
courses may be repeated to earn the minimum required grade.
7. Must meet the Sophomore Admission Criteria identified earlier, except that NCLEX
is required instead of the TEAS..
*Credit in NUTR 2202 may also be used to meet this course requirement