Advanced Placement Admission
To be admitted with advanced placement, the Registered Nurse must:
1. Be admitted to the University of Memphis as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
2. Have current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Tennessee.
3. Submit evidence of recent clinical practice.
4. Have a minimum college cumulative grade point average of 2.7.
5. Have completed specified pre-nursing courses with a minimum grade of “C”: ENGL 1010, 1020 (6); BIOL 2010/2011, 2020/2021 (8), MATH 1420, MATH 1530, or MATH 1830, 1910 or 2000, BIOL 1230/1231 (4); SOCI 1111 or PSYC 1200; NUTR 3202*.
6. Minimum of 2.66 cumulative grade point average in required laboratory science courses: BIOL 2010/2011 and 2020/2021; BIOL 1230/1231. A prerequisite science course may be repeated only once to earn a minimum grade of “C”. A maximum of two prerequisite science courses may be repeated to earn the minimum required grade.
7. Must meet the Sophomore Admission Criteria identified earlier, except that NCLEX is required.
*Credit in NUTR 2202 may also be used to meet this course requirement