Student American Marketing Association
The Student American Marketing Association was established June 28, 2016, as a collegiate chapter of the national American Marketing Association.
The purpose of the Student American Marketing Association (SAMA) will be to encourage and facilitate ongoing student involvement in the academics and importance of Marketing.
The objective of SAMA will be to engage students in various functions and activities that will demonstrate and improve their marketing ability, network with industry marketing professionals, and uphold the standards and ethics of Marketing.
The goals of the SAMA are:
- Grow the SAMA membership
- Create campus community marketing awareness and involvement
- Introduce students to real life marketing experiences by providing a forum for industry guest speakers
- Promote member activity in the local business communities and professional business organizations.
- Provide students with opportunities to achieve leadership skills
- Development of marketing functions, such as event marketing, digital marketing, direct email marketing, service marketing, advertising and promotion marketing, social media, and website development
The association is governed by a constitution that establishes the positions of President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary, who are the officers of the association. Officers must be members in good standing and declared marketing major students taking at least six (6) hours during the regular semesters of their tenure.
In addition to the officers, the association will have Vice President positions to perform specific functions of the organization. The Vice President positions will include, but not be limited to the following positions:
- Programs and Events
- Social Media
- Campus/Community Relations
The officers and the Vice Presidents will make up an Executive Board for decision making purposes of the organization.
Membership is open to all University of Memphis students (full or part-time) who have earned a minimum 2.0 cumulative Grade Point Average and will be considered "active" members with voting privileges providing their dues are paid in full.
Associate members will be allowed to faculty, staff, or community persons who share the objectives and purpose of the organization and thereby enrich the student experience.
Please return your complete application form by emailing it to email@example.com
Website: Please visit SAMA website at http://samamemphis.weebly.com/
For general questions: Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org