Interdisciplinary Graduate Certificate in Substance Abuse
Short essay - In 1-2 pages please share why you are seeking a certificate in clinical social work. Please include a brief autobiographical statement and relevant academic, internship, volunteer, and/or work experience.
Three references with their addreses, telephone numbers and email addresses (persons who may be contacted in reference to the applicant's competencies and ability to work with populations impacted by substance use disorders (SUD).
Interdisciplinary Graduate Certificate in Substance Abuse Requirements
Interprofessional Graduate Certificate in Substance Abuse - 12 hours
Core Course - Students are required to take the following course (3 credit hours):
- SWRK 7949 Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
Elective Courses - Choose three courses (9 credit hours) from the following:
- SWRK 6061 Substance Abuse Treatment
- SWRK 7005 Psychopathology
- SWRK 7013 Treatment of Trauma
- SWRK 7028 Advanced Individual Practice Across Systems
- COUNS 6783 Alcohol/Drug Abuse Services
- PSYC 7207 Developmental Psychology
- PSYC 7412 Psychopathology
- PSYC 7434 Clinical Psychotherapies
- PSYC 7705 Neuropsychopharmacology
- Students must complete all four required courses with an average grade of B (3.0) or higher for a total of 12 credit hours
- Students may earn no more than 3 credit hours of C+, C, C- grades.
Dr. Ron Serino firstname.lastname@example.org