The University of Memphis has negotiated with several hardware vendors to provide special pricing for personal purchases by faculty, staff, and students.
All devices in the Dell Personal Purchase Store and Apple Store for Education are suitable for basic computational applications (i.e. SAS or SPSS). For high-performance applications (i.e. Adobe, Autodesk, MATLAB, etc.) we recommend a device with at least an Intel Core-i5 processor and 16GB of RAM.
In addition, all applications are also available via the Virtual Lab in umApps and can be accessed from any device. See more information below.
Faculty may also contact their LSP for additional consultation regarding their remote learning needs by entering an online service request.
- Dell Inspiron 15 3000 - Good for general purpose computing and Microsoft Office.
- Dell Inspiron 15 5000 - Good for statistical applications such as SPSS and SAS.
- Dell XPS 15 - Good for CAD, Engineering and design applications, such as Adobe, Autodesk and MATLAB.
- Apple MacBook Air - Good for general purpose computing and Microsoft Office.
- Apple MacBook Pro 13” - Good for CAD, Engineering and design applications, such as Adobe, Autodesk and MATLAB.