Accounts Payable

Accounts Payable is responsible for all University disbursements with the exception of payroll, stipend, scholarship and student financial aid. 

Secure Data Upload

Are you a UofM employee or student needing to send Accounts Payable a document that contains sensitive data? Use this link to transmit that document securely.

Departmental Information

Mailing Address:
275 Administration Building
Memphis, TN 38152

Office Hours:
Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Phone: 901.678.2271  |  E-mail: accountspayable@memphis.edu 

General Frequently Asked Questions

Whom should I contact about outstanding invoices?

Send inquires to accountspayable@memphis.edu or call 901.678.2271. Send payment processing requests to Vendor Payment Transmittal Portal on the MyMemphis portal under the Finance or Employee tabs.

What should I send to the accountspayable@memphis.edu e-mail inbox?

  • Invoice Inquiries
  • Vendor Inquiries
  • Cancel Check Memo / Stop Payment and/or Reissue
  • Setup of W-9
  • Vendor Change of Address
  • Employee and Vendor Direct Deposits
  • Credit Application

How often is the A/P email inbox monitored?

The inbox is monitored throughout the day. You will receive a reply within 48 hours. Please exclude weekends and holidays. 

How long does it take to process a payment request?

Currently we are in a processing period of 7 to 10 business days to process payment requests. 

Has the invoice I sent been processed?

You can review in FAIVNDH to check and see if an invoice has been paid. If you do not see, then contact accountspayable@emphis.edu.

Can I get a copy of a paid invoice?

You can locate a copy of a paid invoice in OnBase.

How do I request a new vendor UID?

You will submit the W-9 along with a state-issued photo ID (Individuals) to the Accounts Payable inbox. You will receive a request for additional information or a UID by email respond. Send to accountspayable@memphis.edu.

How do I request a new vendor UID for an international vendor?


  1. W-8 BEN Form
  2. Passport ID with Photo
  3. Visa
  4. Invoice or Source Document
  5. Travel dates (I-94 Travel History)
  6. Social Security Number (if individual has one) or ITIN


  1. W-8 BEN-E Form
  2. Invoice or Source Document

Non-Profit Organizations:

  1. W-8 XP Form
  2. Invoice or Source Document

Send this request to accounting@memphis.edu.

I have a vendor that needs a W-9 and or a tax exempted certificate for the University of Memphis. Whom should I contact?

Your request will be sent to the Tax Accounting inbox (taxaccounting@memphis.edu). Please provide the name and address of the vendor making the request as this information is needed to complete the forms. 

What is the balance left on my Purchase Order?

This information can be found by reviewing the FGIENCD in Banner to check for remaining balance or contact Procurement at procurement@memphis.edu.   

I need to make a change to a non-travel or travel purchase order. Whom should I contact?

Any changes to non-travel purchase order is processed by Procurement at procurement@memphis.edu. Any changes to a Chrome River preapproval, travel or student and guest travel are processed by the Shared Services Office at sharedservices@memphis.edu.

What should be uploaded to the Vendor Payment Transmittal Portal?

  • Check Request
  • Invoice
  • Payment to Contractors (Includes Honorarium)
  • Research Participants Requests
  • Vendor Change of Address
  • Cash and Meal Reimbursements - Students/Guests