Biomedical Engineering Accreditation Information
The Biomedical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET http://www.abet.org.
Accreditation information in the University Catalog can be found here: https://catalog.memphis.edu/preview_entity.php?catoid=22&ent_oid=1350&returnto=1124.
Program Educational Objectives
The Biomedical Engineering Program at the University of Memphis aims to produce graduates who demonstrate the following within the first few years after graduation:
- Secure employment in biomedical or related health industries or institutions,
- Pursue professional studies,
- Pursue opportunities for professional growth, development, and service
Constituencies: Students, Faculty, and Employers
Revision Frequency: 4-5 years
Next Revision Cycle: Fall 2021
Graduates of Biomedical Engineering will have demonstrated
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
B S Biomedical Engineering Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Enrollment (FT/PT)||Degrees Awarded|