Do: Live it
Trying to make contacts and create a professional network? Want to make a good first impression? We can provide you with the skills to successfully navigate the early years of your career.
- Update your professional documents (resumes, cover letters, statements of purpose, etc.) and submit them on TigerLink Powered by Handshake.
- Consistently search for job opportunities on TigerLink Powered by Handshake, LinkedIn, Indeed, and other career-related platforms.
- Attend Career Fairs and other networking events to evaluate opportunities and make new connections.
- Enhance your interviewing skills through mock interviews, workshops, and LinkedIn Learning courses.
- Schedule an appointment with your career specialist to evaluate your plan and set goals.
- Broaden your network by reaching out to alumni, increasing presence on professional online networks, and joining organizations within your industry.
- Secure strong recommendations from faculty and supervisors.
- Evaluate job and/or graduate school options.