Chemistry Permit Requests
This permit request is not for classes offered through the Regents Online Degree Program (TN eCampus (formerly RODP), section R50) or for courses in subjects other than CHEM. Information on obtaining such permits is available from the Registrar.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE PERMIT REQUEST
If you encounter a problem when attempting to register for a chemistry course, you may need to submit a permit request form. Note that pre-requisites for CHEM courses are listed in the Undergraduate Catalog and must be completed with a grade of C- or better before the course you wish to enroll in starts.
Research courses (CHEM 4901, 4902, 4903), Teaching (CHEM 4916), and Internship (CHEM 4918) require prior approval by an appropriate sponsor. Follow the links for more information and make arrangements with a sponsor of your choice. Complete the appropriate prospectus and send it to email@example.com. Do not submit a separate permit request form.
The following are reasons for submitting the permit request form and further instructions:
- A course equivalent to the pre-requisite has been accepted by the University of Memphis but with a different course number. Submit the permit request form.
- The pre-requisite has been completed at another college, but UofM has not yet received the transcript. Submit the permit request form with a copy of your unofficial transcript.
- You will complete the pre-requisite course at another college. Submit the permit request form and, if your official transcript has not been processed by UofM at least 10 days before the course starts, send a copy of your unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to comply will result in your registration being cancelled at the beginning of the semester.
- The section is listed as requiring permission of instructor. Obtain prior permission from the instructor, ask him or her to confirm approval by email to Dr. Bridson, and submit the permit request form.
- You wish to audit the class (grade of AU on transcript). Obtain prior permission from the instructor, ask him or her to confirm approval by email to Dr. Bridson, and submit the permit request form.
- Some other reason. Submit the permit request form and include a complete explanation in the space provided.