Rediscovering Harry Potter:
Sources, Landscapes, and Legacies
On May 9-19, 2018, fourteen students and English instructors Tammy Jones and Cathy Dice traveled to London and Edinburgh for the Study Abroad course, Rediscovering Harry Potter: Sources, Landscapes, and Legacies. Trip highlights included:
- Warner Brothers Studio at Leavesden - a Harry Potter film retrospective museum
- Harry Potter walking tours in London and Edinburgh
- An 11:00am train from London's King's Cross Station to Edinburgn
- A day trip through the Scottish Highlands
- Quidditch lessons at Alnwick Castle in Northumberland, England
- London sights including the Tower of London, the British Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, and high tea at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
- Scottish locations like Edinburgh Castle, the Elephant House Coffee Shop, Glencoe Village, Arthur's Seat, and Tom Riddle's grave in Greyfriar's Kirkyard.
Great news, Potterheads- The Harry Potter Study Abroad program will be offered again Spring 2020! Follow us on Facebook to stay up-to-date!
Want to earn college credit while taking the trip of a lifetime? Visit the Study Abroad page to learn more.