Rediscovering Harry Potter:
Sources, Landscapes, and Legacies
On May 9-19, 2018, fourteen students and English instructors Tammy Jones and Cathy Dice traveled to London and Edinburgh for the Study Abroad course, Rediscovering Harry Potter: Sources, Landscapes, and Legacies. Trip highlights included:
- Warner Brothers Studio at Leavesden - a Harry Potter film retrospective museum
- Harry Potter walking tours in London and Edinburgh
- An 11:00am train from London's King's Cross Station to Edinburgn
- A day trip through the Scottish Highlands
- Quidditch lessons at Alnwick Castle in Northumberland, England
- London sights including the Tower of London, the British Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, and high tea at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
- Scottish locations like Edinburgh Castle, the Elephant House Coffee Shop, Glencoe Village, Arthur's Seat, and Tom Riddle's grave in Greyfriar's Kirkyard.
Cathy Dice, Tammy Jones, and all of the student Potterheads had a magical time!
Want to earn college credit while taking the trip of a lifetime? Visit the Study Abroad page to learn more.