Module 4 - Asset Based Community Engagement - UofM's Urban-Serving Research Mission
In this module you will:
- Understand how asset based community engagement is a particular way of framing community work.
- Compare and contrast asset based and deficit based approaches to community work.
- Identify seven types of community assets associated with people and place.
- Consider why word choice and language are important in framing community work.
- Understand the benefits and challenges associated with asset based community engagement.
- Recognize the value of asset based community engagement in creating community empowerment and sustained change.
Portions of the content for these modules have been provided by Michigan State University through their Tools of Engagement, Collaborating with Community Partners program.