- Business majors must request permits for Upper Division business courses (3000-4000 level) if they have not completed the Lower Business core; have less than 45 college-level hours, and/or have not completed specific course prerequisites with the appropriate grades
- Non-business majors must request permits for all Upper Division business courses. 45 college-level hours and specific course prerequisites must be completed to be eligible to take Upper Division business courses.
Course Overload Requests
- Undergraduate students may enroll in a maximum of 20.5 hours for Fall or Spring, and 23 hours for Summer, as long as the maximum hours for any of the term’s “parts of term” are not exceeded. To exceed these loads, a student must receive overload approval.
- In order for a student to be reviewed for a course overload the student must have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Please note: the submission of an application is not an automatic guarantee that an overload will be granted.
Course Overload Request Form >
Complete a Multipurpose form to make the following requests:
- Permission to register for a full class
- Permission to register for an Independent Study course
- Permission for a course substitution
- Permission for a prerequisite exception
- All students who have officially declared an undergraduate business major are eligible to submit a request for self-advising
- Self-advising does not require an advising appointment and is for students who have knowledge of the courses they need or want to take
- Review course/degree requirements on your UMdegree worksheet before submitting a Self-Advising form
FCBE Declaration of Major
- Students who wish to declare a Major or Minor within the College of Business can submit a Declaration of Major form to change their academic program
- Students must be currently admitted before a declaration of major form can be processed
- Athletes cannot submit this form to their change major. Contact the Center for Athletic Advising Services for more information