Annual & Sick Leave
The University of Memphis offers a generous leave program to all regular employees. Employees hired on a temporary appointment are not eligible for the leave programs.
- Full-time non-exempt employees:
Regular full-time clerical and support personnel shall accrue annual leave in accordance with the number of years of service.
- 0-5 Years of Service: Accrual Rate of 7.5 hours per month
- 5-10 Years of Service: Accrual Rate of 11.3 hours per month
- 10-20 Years of Service: Accrual Rate of 13.2 hours per month
- 20+ Years of Service: Accrual Rate of 15.0 hours per month
- Full-time exempt employees:
Executive, administrative, professional, and twelve-month academic personnel, who are regular full-time employees, shall accrue annual leave at the rate of 15 hours (2 days) per month.
- Part-time employees:
All regular part-time personnel, employed on a twelve-month service basis and regular part-time personnel on MODFY appointments shall accrue leave on a prorated basis based on the following:
- 9-18 Hours Scheduled to Work Per Week: .25 of accrual rate
- 19-26 Hours Scheduled to Work Per Week: .50 of accrual rate
- 27 Hours Scheduled to Work Per Week but less than full-time: .75 of accrual rate
- Faculty and temporary employees:
Nine, ten, and eleven-month academic personnel, full or part-time, whether or not compensated over a twelve-month period, shall not be eligible to accrue annual leave. Temporary employees shall not be eligible to accrue annual leave or sick leave.
Regular full-time employees employed on a twelve-month or nine-month basis accrue sick leave at the rate of 7.5 hours per month of actual service.
Regular part-time employees, whether employed on a twelve-month or nine-month basis, accrue sick leave according to the following:
- 12-month Employees
- 9-18 Hours Worked per week: .25 Full-Time Equivalent
- 19-26 Hours Worked per week: .50 Full-Time Equivalent
- 27 Hours Worked per week but less than full-time: .75 Full-Time Equivalent
- 9-month Employees
- 3-5 semester hours worked: .25 Full-Time Equivalent
- 6-9 semester hours worked: .50 Full-Time Equivalent
- 10-14 semester hours worked: .75 Full-Time Equivalent