A Tiger Funds account works like a debit card. It is a unique money management system activated by your Campus Card that is available to all students, faculty, and staff.
Once you have made a deposit into your personal Tiger Funds account, you simply present your Campus Card to pay for meals at campus dining locations or to purchase books, supplies, and personal items at the University Store.
You can also use your Campus Card in copier machines and for services at the Health Center and the Bursar's Office.
How does it work?
It is simple to activate your Tiger Funds account. Your Campus Card is already encoded to provide access to University events and activities. When you make a minimum deposit of $10 to your personal Tiger Funds account, your Campus Card becomes your Tiger Funds card as well. Your daily transaction limit cannot exceed $500. Tiger Funds may not be used to purchase gift cards.
Each time you make a purchase, your Campus Card is swiped through a card reader and the amount of the purchase is automatically deducted from the balance in your Tiger Funds account. Your remaining balance is indicated on your receipt after each transaction so you will always know how much money remains in your account.
You can deposit money to your Tiger Funds account in the following ways:
- Online at Campus Card Online (credit card - Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express).
- Through Blackboard Card Management Centers (cash only) located in the McWherter Library, Law Library, Wilder Tower, Jones Hall Tiger Den, UC Union Food Court, V. Lane Rawlins Service Court and Bookstore, the Speech and Hearing Center, and the Gobbel Library at the Lambuth campus.
- In person at the Bursar's Office customer service windows, 1st floor, Wilder Tower (cash, check or credit card).
Excess funds from financial aid/scholarships can also be deposited to your Tiger Funds account by completing an Authorization to Transfer Financial Aid/Scholarships to Tiger Funds form in the Bursar's Office, 115 Wilder Tower.
Tiger Funds are maintained separately from Dining Dollars, meal plan accounts and Flex Bucks, which are also accessed by your Campus Card. Meal plan accounts are administered by the University's food service vendor. The policies and procedures of the meal plan accounts are those of the vendor and not those of the University of Memphis.
What are the advantages of Tiger Funds?
It gives you ready access to all food services locations that offer a variety of food choices, from early morning breakfasts to late night snacks. It offers you purchase privileges without cash, for the great selection of books, supplies, gifts, and personal items at the University Store. Use your Campus Card to make copies at the McWherter Library, Law Library, the Speech and Hearing Center, and the Lambuth campus Library. Account balances remain available as long as you have an active relationship with the University. Once you establish your Tiger Funds account, there is little or need to carry cash or to write checks for University meals, supplies, or services.
How do I request a refund of the remaining balance on my Tiger Funds account?
Refund requests from the Tiger Funds account must be submitted in person to the Bursar's Office, 115 Wilder Tower.
- A $5 processing fee will be deducted from the available balance in the account prior to the refund.
- Any amounts that are owed to the University will be deducted from the available balance in the account prior to the processing of a refund.
- The refund will be processed to the eRefund account through TigerXpress.
- If no payment profile exists in TigerXpress, a check will be mailed to the permanent address on file with the University.
Tiger Funds accounts that remain inactive for an extended period of time are subject to automatic refund processing and the previous conditions apply.