A Tiger Funds account works like a debit card. It is a unique money management system activated by your Campus Card that is available to all students, faculty, and staff. Log in to your account (click Your Campus Card above) to see specifics about your account, including balance and transaction history, meal plan status (if applicable), and Tiger Funds information.
Once you have made a deposit into your personal Tiger Funds account, you simply present your Campus Card to pay for meals at campus dining locations or to purchase books, supplies, and personal items at the University Store.
You can also use your Campus Card in copier machines and for services at the Health Center and the University & Student Business Services Office for non-tuition charges.
How does it work?
It is simple to activate your Tiger Funds account. Your Campus Card is already encoded to provide access to University events and activities. When you make a minimum deposit of $10 to your personal Tiger Funds account, your Campus Card becomes your Tiger Funds card as well. Your daily transaction limit cannot exceed $500. Tiger Funds may not be used to purchase gift cards.
Each time you make a purchase, your Campus Card is swiped through a card reader and the amount of the purchase is automatically deducted from the balance in your Tiger Funds account. Your remaining balance is indicated on your receipt after each transaction so you will always know how much money remains in your account.
You can deposit money to your Tiger Funds account in the following ways:
- Online at Campus Card Online (credit card - Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express).
- Through Blackboard Card Management Centers (cash only) located in the McWherter Library, Law Library, Jones Hall Tiger Den, UC Union Food Court, V. Lane Rawlins Service Court and Bookstore, the Speech and Hearing Center, and the Gobbel Library at the Lambuth campus.
- In person at the University & Student Business Services Office customer service windows, 1st floor, Wilder Tower (cash or check).
Tiger Funds are maintained separately from Tiger Eat$, meal plan accounts and Flex Bucks, which are also accessed by your Campus Card. Meal plan accounts are administered by the University's food service vendor. The policies and procedures of the meal plan accounts are those of the vendor and not those of the University of Memphis.
What are the advantages of Tiger Funds?
It gives you ready access to all food services locations that offer a variety of food choices, from early morning breakfasts to late night snacks. It offers you purchase privileges without cash, for the great selection of books, supplies, gifts, and personal items at the University Store. Use your Campus Card to make copies at the McWherter Library, Law Library, the Speech and Hearing Center, and the Lambuth campus Library. Account balances remain available as long as you have an active relationship with the University. Once you establish your Tiger Funds account, there is little or need to carry cash or to write checks for University meals, supplies, or services.
How do I request a refund of the remaining balance on my Tiger Funds account?
Refund requests from the Tiger Funds account can be requested by logging into the campus card portal and clicking "Refund Request" which is located in the campus card transaction area of the page on the "Tiger Funds" transaction line.
- A $5 processing fee will be deducted from the available balance in the account prior to the refund.
- A refund will only be processed after 30 days from the date of the most recent Tiger Fund deposit.
- Any amounts that are owed to the University will be deducted from the available balance in the account prior to the processing of a refund.
- The refund will be processed to the eRefund account through TigerXpress.
- If no payment profile exists in TigerXpress, a check will be mailed to the mailing address on file with the University.
Tiger Funds accounts that remain inactive for an extended period of time are subject to automatic refund processing and the previous conditions apply.
Off-Campus Restaurants Accepting Tiger Funds
Tiger Funds are accepted at the following off-campus restaurants:
555 S. Highland St.
Garibaldi's Pizza - (Delivery available)
521 S. Highland St.
|Moe's Southwest Grill
3546 Walker Ave.
431 S. Highland St. #116
- Tiger Funds may be used to purchase food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Cardholder must present their card at restaurant to make purchase. Delivery is only available by Garibaldi's.
- Tiger Funds may not be used to purchase gift cards or alcoholic beverages.
- Tiger Eat$ cannot be used at off-campus locations.
- Cardholders are subject to the policies of the restaurant and the policies of the University of Memphis. View the BF4009 - Campus Identification Cards.
- You may access information about your campus card.