Chrysanthe Preza, D.Sc.
Associate Professor and Graduate Studies Coordinator,
Principal Investigator, Computational Imaging Research Laboratory
Office: Engineering Science Bldg., Room ES 208C
Dr. Preza joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in August 2006.
Before joining the faculty at the University of Memphis, she was a faculty in the
Electronic Systems and Signals Research Laboratory of the Electrical and Systems Engineering Department at Washington University in St. Louis
Dr. Preza leads the research in the Computational Imaging Research Laboratory (CIRL). Her research interests are imaging science and estimation theory with applications in:
- Computational Optical Sensing and Imaging
- Multidimensional Light Microscopy
- Multispectral Microscopy
- Hyperspectral Imaging
- Medical Imaging
- BSEE (cum laude),1987 fs
- BSCS (cum laude),1987
- MSEE, 1990
- MSCS, 1991
- D.Sc. in EE, 1998
Graduate Advisor: Donald L. Snyder Washington University , St. Louis
- Dr. Sharon King receives a UoM Faculty Research Grant 2016.
- New CIRL publication: Ghosh, S. and Preza, C., "Three-Dimensional Block-Based Restoration Integrated with Wide-field Fluorescence Microscopy for the Investigation of Thick Specimens with Spatially Variant Refractive Index," J. Biomed. Opt., 21(4), 046010 (April 28, 2016) doi: 10.1117/1.JBO.21.4.046010.
- Hasti Shabani, Phd Candidate in CIRL receives Herff Graduate Fellowship, 2016
- Dr. Sreya Ghosh, recent CIRL graduate, accepts a postdoctoral associate position at the National Center for Microscopy and Imaging Research at the University of California San Diego, 2015.