Chrysanthe Preza, D.Sc.
Chair and Professor
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Office: Engineering Science Bldg., Room ES 208C
Dr. Preza joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in August 2006.
Before joining the faculty at the University of Memphis, she was a faculty in the
Electronic Systems and Signals Research Laboratory of the Electrical and Systems Engineering Department at Washington University in St. Louis
Dr. Preza leads the research in the Computational Imaging Research Laboratory (CIRL). Her research interests are imaging science and estimation theory with applications in:
- Computational Optical Sensing and Imaging
- Multidimensional Light Microscopy
- Multispectral Microscopy
- Hyperspectral Imaging
- Medical Imaging
- BSEE (cum laude),1987
- BSCS (cum laude),1987
- MSEE, 1990
- MSCS, 1991
- D.Sc. in EE, 1998
Graduate Advisor: Donald L. Snyder Washington University , St. Louis
- Drs. Preza and Doblas receive a FIT research grant 2017.
- Drs. Preza and Doblas filed a provisional patent 2017.
- New CIRL publication: Patwary, N., Shabani, H., Doblas, A., Saavedra, G., and Preza, C.," Experimental validation of a customized phase mask designed to enable efficient computational optical sectioning microscopy through wavefront encoding," Applied Optics, Modern Imaging feature, 56(9), D14-D23, doi: 10.1364/AO.56.000D14, 2017.
- Hasti Shabani, Phd Candidate in CIRL receives Herff Graduate Fellowship, 2016
- Dr. Sreya Ghosh, recent CIRL graduate, accepts a postdoctoral associate position at the National Center for Microscopy and Imaging Research at the University of California San Diego, 2015.