UofM Board of Trustees Meets at Lambuth Campus
December 7, 2017; Jackson, TN - The University of Memphis Board of Trustees approved the naming of the $40 million, state-of-the-art facility the Scheidt Family Music Center at its meeting Thursday on the UofM Lambuth campus in Jackson, Tenn. The Center will double the size of the current music school and feature an expansive performance hall and significant enhancements in technology and acoustics.
In other items, the Board:
• Approved a revised budget for fiscal year 2017-2018;
• Recommended procurement of directors’ and officers’ liability and educators’ legal liability policies as well as employment practices liability;
• Approved tenure for two faculty members;
• Recommended severance of procurement and capital project planning and management from the Tennessee Board of Regents, effective July 1, 2018;
• Granted approval to President M. David Rudd to develop an alternative financial model for UofM Global; and
• Approved appointment of UofM Counsel Melanie Murry as permanent Board Secretary.
The next Board of Trustees meeting will be March 7, 2018.
FOR MORE INFORMATION