Phi Kappa Phi/UofM Chapter Scholarships
APPLICATION POLICIES and PROCEDUREs
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi/UofM Chapter awards two (2) $600 Scholarships at the spring initiation - one to an undergraduate student and one to a graduate student. Scholarships will be awarded only to students planning to continue full-time study at the University of Memphis in the fall, 2017 semester. Your application must be submitted to the Scholarship Chairperson, Dr. Beverly Bond, at email@example.com. Application deadline is March 6, 2017.
Your application must contain all of the following:
1. A brief essay (about 300 words) describing your academic, leadership, and extra-curricular activities (post-secondary school) as well as your career goals.
2. A second original essay (about 500 words, not a numbered list) describing the five most important lessons you have learned during your college career.
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation from University of Memphis faculty members or administrators. These letters of recommendation can be submitted directly to the Dr. Bond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Scholarship Committee will not review incomplete application packets.
Scholarship awards will be available through the University of Memphis Scholarship Office in August 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do I need to submit a hard copy of my application?
No. Email your materials to email@example.com.
2. Can the letters of recommendation be sent directly to Dr. Bond or do the letters need to be submitted along with my two essays?
Your recommenders can send their letters directly to Dr. Bond. However, it is your responsibility to make sure that these letters get to us by the deadline. The committee will not consider incomplete applications.
3. If I was initiated into Phi Kappa Phi as an undergraduate, can I apply for the graduate scholarship?
Yes. However, please be sure that your membership is active.