Summer 3 + 3 Scholarship Eligibility Rules and Regulations
To be eligible, students must have:
- Applied for, been admitted, and enrolled as a First-Time, First-Year freshman for
the Summer 2016, Fall 2016, or Spring 2017 semester.
- Students who accumulated college credit while enrolled in high school are eligible for the scholarship.
- Students can have Sophomore or Junior standing by credit hours, but they had to enter the University of Memphis as a First-Time, First-Year freshman during one of these three terms.
- Students must have been enrolled during the Spring 2017 semester and continue on with summer 2017 enrollment.
The University of Memphis has already identified the population of students who qualify to receive this scholarship, and the University will post these scholarships directly to the myMemphis accounts of all the eligible students no later than March 15, 2017. Students with questions about their eligibility should contact email@example.com for more information.
- Students must register for a minimum of two (2) courses.
- Students may also register for UofM online courses. Eligible online course must have an “M50” or “410” section number
- Students cannot apply the 3+3 Scholarship to RODP online courses.
- Students are responsible for tuition and fees for the first course registration.
- Students must register for at least one summer course, worth three (3) or more credit
hours, in order for the scholarship to apply toward the second course registration.
- Students must register for at least one summer course, worth three (3) or more credit hours, in order for the scholarship to apply toward the second course registration.
- The Summer 3+3 Scholarship will cover the tuition (regardless of residency status)
for the second course for which a student registers, up to a maximum of 3 credit hours.
- Only tuition is covered by the scholarship. Student fees (e.g., program service fees, course fees, online fees, etc.) are not covered by the scholarship.
- The second course must be valued at 1, 2, or 3 credit hours.
- If the second course is less than 3 credit hours, a student can take an additional course, or courses, to reach the 3 credit hour total accommodated by the award.
- Students have all summer parts of term to meet these course requirements.
- Students are encouraged to register for their two (2) courses before the summer term begins, so that there is time to get the scholarship properly applied to their records.
- Dropping a course after the start of the summer part of term in which the course is offered may impact the overall availability of the scholarship. Before adjusting their schedules after the start of the part of term for any of the courses involved, students should contact the Scholarships Office to determine if the change might affect their scholarship.
- If students must drop or withdraw from the “scholarship” course after the start of the part of term, the scholarship covers the tuition for that course.