Your gift to one of the following funds within the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders makes certain that our academic and clinical programs meet the needs of our students and those they serve in the Memphis Speech and Hearing Center. Your gift can be designated to one of the following funds so that our students' experiences can be enhanced, our clients' access to therapy broadened, and the connections between our alumni are deepened.
- The Joel C. Kahane Scholar Award - To be given to a student with interest in medical speech pathology.
- The David J. Wark Graduate Student Award - To be given to a student interested in audiologic rehabilitation.
- The Walter H. Manning Student Award - To be given to a speech-language pathology student with a passion for fluency disorders or counseling.
- The Alumni Enhancement Fund – a source of support for alumni activities, faculty collaboration, and various one-time funding within the School and Center
- The Memphis Speech and Hearing Client Assistance Fund – an integral part of our academic program and invaluable resource to the community, we aim to provide services to all individuals, despite ability to pay
- The Alumni Scholarship Campaign – a source of scholarship support for current students, while also offering the opportunity for future endowment support
- The Louise Ward Fellowship Fund – an award for students who exhibit sensitivity for their clients and their families, recognizing the uniqueness in all individuals
- The Elizabeth J. Webster Visiting Scholar Institute – a flagship event for alumni, professionals, and faculty, underscoring the importance of counseling and supervision in clinical interactions
- The Mendel Space Fund - we raised $25,000 to name the Dean's conference room the Dean Maurice Mendel Conference Room
Your participation in the University of Memphis Annual Giving Campaign demonstrates your belief in the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders. Please support our students, faculty, and clients today!