|Sept 20 2019||Vicki Dickinson||University of Mississippi||Accruals Estimation Models: Does Incorporating Firm Life Cycle Improve Performance?|
|Oct 25 2019||Jodi Henley||University of Alabama||The Effect of U.S. Tax Reform on Acquisition Announcement Behavior|
|Nov 1 2019||Rachna Prakash||University of Mississippi||Capital Market Expectations of Climate-Change Risk Materiality|
|Nov 22 2019||Joanna Golden||University of Memphis||CEOs' Early-life Exposure to Disasters and Violent Crime|
|Jan 30 2020||Chez Sealy||Univeristy of Alabama||Can Segment Disclosures Decrease Firm Value? Managers' Operational Responses to Enhanced Comparability in Disaggregated Segment Disclosures|
|Feb 14 2020||Kevin Kim||University of Memphis||Investor Sentiment, Information Demand, and Price Discovery|
|Feb 21 2020||Jonathan Miller||University of Memphis||Fraudulent Bitcoin Volume|
|April 3 2020||Cory Cassell||University of Arkansas||Postponed|
|April 7 2020||Roy Schmardebeck||University of Tennessee||Postponed|
- E. Henry. 2018. The Information Content of Tax Expense: A Discount Rate Explanation, Contemporary Accounting Research. [Winner of the 2015 ATA/PwC Outstanding Tax Dissertation Award]
- E. Henry, G. Plesko and S. Utke. 2018. Tax Policy and Organizational Form: Assessing the Effects of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, National Tax Journal.
- E. Henry and R. Sansing. 2018. Corporate Tax Avoidance: Data Truncation and Loss Firms, Review of Accounting Studies, 23 (3).
- J. Malloy, J. Langstraat, and Morris. 2018. "Generating Passive and Nonpassive Income and Losses," Practical Tax Strategies, April.
- Raddatz, N., Marett, K., and Trinkle, B. 2018. "The Impact of Awareness of Being Monitored on Policy Compliance: An Agency View." Journal of Information Systems.
- E.M. Coyne, J.G. Coyne, and K.B. Walker. 2018. Big Data Information Governance by Accountants. International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Vol. 26, pp. 153-170.
- R. Dey, S. Hossain, and Z. Rezaee. 2018. Financial Risk Disclosure and Financial Attributes: Evidence from Bangladesh. Journal of Risk and Financial Management, 11 (3), 50.
- Z. Rezaee, H. Zhang, H. Dou and M. Gao. 2018. Corporate Governance and Earnings Quality: Evidence from China. The IUP journal of Corporate Governance, Vol. XVII, No.2:7-35.
- Z. Rezaee. 2018. Integrating Business Sustainability into Supply Chain Management. International Journal of Finance and Managerial Accounting, Vol3, No.9 (Spring):1-15.
- L. Cohen, A. Marcus, Z. Rezaee, and H. Tehranian. 2018.Waiting for Guidance: Disclosure noise, verification delay, and the value-relevance of good-news versus bad-news management earnings forecasts. Global Finance Journal. Volume 37, (August): 79-99.
- Z. Rezaee. 2018. Supply Chain Management and Business Sustainability Synergy: A Theoretical and Integrated Perspective, Sustainability Journal. January: 2-17.
- Z. Rezaee, J. Wang, and B. Lam. 2018. Toward the Integration of Big Data into Forensic Accounting Education. Journal of Forensic & Investigative Accounting. Vol.10, Issue 1(January-June).
- J. Zhang, Z. Rezaee, and Ji Yu. 2018. The Accounting and Market Consequences of the JOBS Act of 2012: An Early Study, Asian Review of Accounting.
- Z. Rezaee, K. Zhen and M. Ha. 2017. Progress toward Business Sustainability in Asia in the Aftermath of 2015 Hong Kong Exchange Requirements. International Journal of Sustainability Management and Information Technologies (November). 3(4): 40-45.
- Z. Rezaee, R. Dorestani, and S. Aliabadi. 2018. Application of Time Series Analyses in Big Data: Practical, Research, and Education Implications, Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting. 15 (1): 183-197.
- H. Jiang, D. Zhou, and J. Zhang. 2018. Analysts' Information Acquisition and Stock Price Synchronicity: A Regulatory Perspective from China. Accounting Horizons.
- J. Johnston and J. Zhang. 2018. Auditor Style and Financial Reporting Similarity (August). Available at SSRN: http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3224602.
- J. Johnston and J. Zhang. 2018. Information Technology Investment and the Timeliness of Financial Reports, Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting 15 (1), 77-101.
- G. Lobo, Y Xie, J. Zhang .2018. Innovation, financial reporting quality, and audit quality, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting 51 (3), 719-749.
- J. Golden, L. Sun, J. Zhang. 2018. Corporate Social Responsibility and Goodwill Impairment, Accounting and the Public Interest 18 (1), 1-28.
- J. Golden and Kohlbeck, M. 2018. The Unintended Effects of Financial Accounting Standard 123R on Stock Repurchase and Dividend Activity. Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance 34, 411-433.
- J. Golden, 2018. The Effect of Shareholder Rights and Information Asymmetry on Stock-Option-Related Repurchase Activity, Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies 21:1-41.
- L. Moore and Morgan. 2018. The Legal, Social, Political, Environment of Business - Basic Elements.
- Spiceland, D., W. Thomas, and D. Hermann, FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING, Fifth Edition, McGraw–Hill, Burr Ridge, Illinois.
- Spiceland, C, Spiceland, D, and P. Njoroge. 2018.Tourist Trap: The New Lease Accounting Standard and Debt Covenants," Journal of Accounting Education.
- Spiceland, D., Nelson, M., and Thomas, W., INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING, Ninth Edition, McGraw-Hill, Burr Ridge, Illinois, 2018, 2013, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2004, 2001,1998. (also in Chinese and Canadian editions)
- J.G. Coyne, E.M. Coyne, and K.B. Walker. 2017. Accountants and Tech: A Game Changer? Strategic Finance, Vol. XCVIII, No. 9, March, pp. 40-47.
- C. Langstraat, J. Malloy, and Pugh. 2017. "Solidify Tax Planning Strategies for Illiquid Estates," Estate Planning (September).
- G.M. Fleischman, E.N. Johnson, K.B. Walker, and S.R. Valentine. 2017. Ethics Versus Outcomes: Managerial Responses to Incentive-Driven and Goal-Induced Employee Behavior. Journal of Business Ethics.
- K.B. Walker. 2017. What's Going on in Business Schools? Part II. The CPA Journal, September, pp. 24-28. [Awarded the 2017 Max Block Distinguished Article Award by the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.]
- Fleischman, G., Stephenson, T., Walker, K.B., and Cook, K. 2017. "Factors that Influence Accounting Faculty Job Satisfaction: Comparisons by Program Prestige and Tenure Status". Accounting Horizons.
- G. Fleischman, G., E.N. Johnson, E.N., and Walker, K.B. 2017. "An Exploratory Examination of Management Accounting Service and Information Quality". Journal of Management Accounting Research.
- G. Fleischman, E.N. Johnson, and K.B. Walker. 2017. An Exploratory Investigation of Management Accounting Service Quality Dimensions Using SERVQUAL and SERVPERF. Advances in Management Accounting.
- Golden, J., and Kohlbeck, M., 2017. "The Influence of Family Firm Dynamics on Voluntary Disclosures," Advances in Accounting, Volume 37, pp. 111–121.
- Zhang, J. H. 2017. "Accounting Comparability, Audit Effort and Audit Outcomes". Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Zhang, J. H. 2017. "Earnings Quality, Liquidity Risk, and the Post-Earnings-Announcement Drift (with Chen, J., Lobo, G.) Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Zhang, J. H. 2017. "CEO Power and Employee Performance" (with E. Breit, J. Song, and L. Sun), Accounting Research Journal.
- Zhang, J. H. 2017. "Earnings Quality, Stock Trading Competition, and Firms' Investment Efficiency" (with S. Han and L. Sun). Advances in Quantitative Analysis of Finance and Accounting.
- Zhang, J. H. 2017. "Environmental Uncertainty and Tax Avoidance" (with H. Huang and L. Sun). Advances in Taxation.
- Sun, L., and Zhang, J. H. 2017. "Goodwill Impairment Loss and Bond Credit Rating" (with L. Sun). International Journal of Accounting and Information Management 25 (1): 2-20.
- Coyne, J.G., Coyne, E.M. and Walker, K.B. 2016. "A Model to Update Accounting Curricula for Emerging Technologies. Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting", 13 (1): 161-169.
- Xu, Y., Yu, J., and Zhang, J. H. 2016. "The Effects of the Existence and Financial Expertise of Audit Committees on Firms' Controversial Activities – Evidences from IPOs". Journal of Forensic & Investigative Accounting 8 (3): 400-427.
- Gao, L., Yang, L., and Zhang, J. H. 2016. "Corporate Patents, R&D Success, and Tax Avoidance". Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting 47 (4): 1063-1096.
- Zhang, J. H. 2016. "The Association between Information Technology Investments and Audit Risk" (with S. Han, Z. Rezaee, and L. Xue). Journal of Information Systems 30 (1): 93-116.
- Spiceland, C., Yang, L., Zhang, J. H., 2016. "Accounting Quality, Debt Covenant Design, and the Cost of Debt," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Volume 47, pp.1271–1302.
- Spiceland, D., Thomas, W. and Hermann, D., FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING, Third Edition, McGraw-Hill, Burr Ridge, Illinois, 2016, 2014, 2011, 2009.
- Callahan, C., Spiceland, C., Spiceland, D. and Hairston, S. 2016. "Pilot Course: A Teaching Practicum Course as an Integral Component of an Accounting Doctoral Program," Issues in Accounting Education, Volume 31, Issue 2.
- Spiceland, C.P., Yang, L. Y., Zhang, J. H., 2016. "Accounting Quality, Debt Covenant Design, and the Cost of Debt," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, forthcoming,
- Callahan, C.M., Spiceland, C.P., Spiceland, J.D. and Hairston, S. 2015. "Pilot Course: A Teaching Practicum Course as An Integral Component of An Accounting Doctoral Program," Issues in Accounting Education, in press.
- Spiceland, J.D., Sepe, J.F., Nelson, M., and Thomas, W. INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING, Eighth Edition, McGraw-Hill, Burr Ridge, Illinois, 2015, 2013, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2004, 2001, 1998. (also in Chinese and Canadian editions)
- Spiceland, C. P, Spiceland, J.D., and Schaeffer, S.J. 2015. "Using a Course Redesign to Address Retention and Performance Issues in Introductory Accounting," JOURNAL OF ACCOUNTING EDUCATION, Volume 33, Issue 1.
- Langstraat, C., Coyne, J., and Hooper, L. 2015. "Fractional-ownership Discounts for Art Reduce Taxable Estate," Estate Planning 42 (6): 37-43
- Langstraat, C., Coyne, J., and Willis, Z. 2015. "Compensatory vs. Punitive Damages in False Claims Act Cases," Journal of Taxation 122 (5): 213-217
- Langstraat, C., Coyne, J., and Prince, R. 2015. "Medical Residents: Taxed as Students or Employees?" Practical Tax Strategies 94 (4): 148-152
- Spiceland, C. P., Spiceland, J.D., and Njoroge, P. J. 2015. "Linking Healthcare Quality to the Bottom Line: What Do We Know?" International Journal of Management Accounting Research, Volume 4, Issue 2 [lead article].
- Spiceland, J.D., Sepe, J.F., Nelson, M., and Thomas, W., STUDY GUIDE - INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING, Eighth edition, McGraw-Hill, Burr Ridge, Illinois, 2015, 2013, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2004, 2001, 1998.
- Gao, L., and Zhang, J. 2015. "Firms' Earnings Smoothing, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Valuation," Journal of Corporate Finance (32), pp. 108-127.
- Plecnik, J., and Zhang, J. 2015. "Making R&D Tax Incentives More Efficient – Thinking inside the 'Patent Box'," The CPA Journal (January), pp. 7-9.
- Spiceland, J.D., Thomas, W. and Hermann, D., FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING, Third Edition, McGraw-Hill, Burr Ridge, Illinois, 2014, 2011, 2009.
- Smith, D.F., Spiceland, C.P., Mattare, K. and Ishman, S.L. 2014. "Financial Incentive of Home–Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Machine Use in the Inpatient Hospital Setting," The Laryngoscope (January).
- Fang, J, Hao, L., and Zhang, J. 2014. "Does the Voluntary Adoption of XBRL Reduce the Cost of Equity Capital?" International Journal of Accounting and Information Management (2), pp. 86-102.
- Malloy, J., Langstraat, C.J., Carter, J. 2014. "Section 1058 Security Lending Transactions Clarified," Oil, Gas, & Energy Quarterly (62:2), pp. 791-796
- Malloy, J., Langstraat, C.J., Plecnik, J. 2014. "Current Status of Noncustodial Child Dependency Exemption and Child Credit," Taxes (93:5), pp.35-38
- Malloy, J., Langstraat, C.J., Plecnik, J. 2014. "Major Developments in Cost Segregation",The Tax Advisor (45:4), pp. 268-273
- Spiceland, J.D., Thomas, W. and Hermann, D. 2013. FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING: MAKING THE CONNECTION, First Edition, McGraw-Hill, Burr Ridge, Illinois.
- Walker, K.B. and Fleischman, G. 2013. Toeing the Line: The Ethics of Manipulating Budgets and Earnings," Management Accounting Quarterly, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 18-24.
- Walker, K.B. and Fleischman, G, and Stephenson, T. 2013. "Developing a Written Research Productivity Policy for a Department of Accounting: A Case Study," Academy of Educational Leadership Journal, Vol. 17, No.3, pp.117-139.
- Spiceland, J.D., Sepe, J.F., Nelson, M., Tan, P., Low, B., Low, K. 2013. INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING: GLOBAL EDITION, McGraw-Hill, Singapore, First Edition.
- Fang, J, Hao, L., and Zhang, J. 2013. "SOX, CEOs' and CFOs' Perceptions of Costs and Benefits of Earnings Management and Magnitude of Earnings Management" Oil, Gas & Energy Quarterly (March): 515-538.
- Malloy, J., Langstraat, C.J., Detrain, L. 2013. "Section 419€ Employer Welfare Benefit Plans Face Scrutiny," Business Entities (15:4), pp. 24-29
- Malloy, J., Langstraat, C.J., Plecnik, J. 2013. "Are Major Changes on the Horizon for Taxpayers Using Cost Segregation?" Journal of Taxation (118:1), pp. 36-40
- Johnson, E. N., Fleischman, G., Valentine, S., and Walker, K. B. 2012. Managers' Ethical Evaluations of Earnings Management and Its Consequences. Contemporary Accounting Research, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 910-927.
- Walker, K.B., Fleischman, G., and Johnson, E. 2012. Measuring Management Accounting Service Quality. Management Accounting Quarterly, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 15-27.
- Malloy, J., Langstraat, C.J., Plecnik, J. 2012. "A Defined Value Clause Can be a Valuable Tax Planning Tool," Practical Tax Strategies, (89:4), pp.173-178.
- Malloy, J., Langstraat, C.J., Plecnik, J. 2012. "Lobbying and Tax-Exempt Status," Taxes (90:8) , pp.59-64
- Malloy, J., Langstraat, C.J., Plecnik, J. 2012. "Courts Appraise Valuations of Hard-to-Value Assets," Valuation Strategies (15: 4), pp.30-55
- Walker, K.B., Fleischman, G., and Johnson, E. 2011. Perceptions of Management Accounting Services. Global Journal of Business Research, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 111-123.
- Walker, K.B., Fleischman, G., and Johnson, E. 2011. A Call for Research on Management Accounting Service Quality. Advances in Management Accounting, Vol. 19, pp.1-22.
- Walker, K.B., Fleischman, G., and Stephenson, T. 2010 (published in 2011). The Incidence of Documented Standards for Research in Departments of Accounting at U.S. Institutions. Journal of Accounting Education, Vol. 28, pp. 43-57.
- Fleischman, G., Walker, K.B., and Johnson, E. N. 2010. A Field Study of User versus Provider Perceptions of Management Accounting System Services. International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 252-285.
- Walker, K.B. 2010. Does Your Supply Chain Management System Deliver the Goods? A Case Study. Supply Chain Forum: An International Journal, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 76-83.
- Coyne, J., Summers, S., Williams, B., and Wood, D. 2010. "Accounting Program Research Rankings by Topical Area and Methodology," Issues in Accounting Education 25 (4): 631-654