We strive to provide facilities that help you stay healthy, active and engaged. The R. Brad Martin Student Wellness Center and Plaza opened in the 2021. The 78,000+ square foot two-story facility is located at 3735 Southern Avenue, adjacent to the Hunter Harrison pedestrian cable bridge and five-story, 1140-space parking garage. The Center features expanded cardio and weight training areas, indoor and outdoor basketball courts, four fitness studios, Tiger Food Lab teaching kitchen, Tiger Café, indoor track, outdoor leisure pool, classroom space and more.
Members have access to free group fitness classes and reduced rates for services such as personal training. The new building operates in addition to the UofM's existing Student Recreation and Sports Complex, which continues to provide intramural sports, club sports, basketball, volleyball, badminton, racquetball, outdoor playing fields, three tennis courts and indoor swimming.
Spaces are available for reservation for classes, events, activities, contests and sports. Please visit Facility Space Request for more information.
Campus Recreation strives to ensure that its facilities, programs and services are accessible to all students and patrons, including those with disabilities. Among the ways that our facilities and programs are made accessible to those with disabilities are:
- accessible parking spaces located in the parking lot directly to the west of our entrance.
- fully accessible entrances and exits.
- accessible shower and restroom stalls in locker room.
- Active Hands workout accessories available for checkout in the equipment room at the front desk.
- assisted access lifts available at pools, as well as stairs, for pool entrance and exit.
- equipment orientation sessions available by appointment by calling 901.678.3285.
- other accommodations provided as needed. Inquire at front entry desk or call 901.678.3285.
*In the event of an unforeseeable cause beyond our control, UofM Campus Recreation reserves the right to maintain the safety of the premises by closure of facilities or part of facilities (courts, pool, fitness areas, café, kitchen, etc.) and cancellation of services and/or classes.
For more information, please call 901.678.3285.
Photography and Video Requests
Approval to film or photograph on University of Memphis property is required for internal and external parties. Please complete this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of 10 days before the requested filming date. You will be contacted within two business days after receipt. Completion of this form does not guarantee approval of the use of University property for filming or photography.