Placing Your Cap and Gown Order
Cap, gown and/or hood orders are taken during the Third Step of the Four-Steps to Graduation process. Your cap, gown and/or hood rental is free and you are required to return them after the ceremony. (Graduates may keep tassels and honor cords, but caps and gowns must be returned.) You must complete this step, even if you do not intend to take part in the ceremony. (Attendance/non-attendance is taken in your final semester.) Within the Cap and Gown Order Form, you will be asked for your height, weight and cap size in inches (ranges from 19"-26"). If you are unsure of your measurements, the Commencement Office can help you. Contact our office by calling 901.678.5547.
- The cap, gown and hood are rentals only and are not available for purchase from our vendor
- No decoration is allowed to caps, gowns or hoods
- There are no additional costs for caps and gown
- If you are interested in purchasing your own regalia, you can contact any of the top regalia vendors
Cap and Gown Distribution
In your final semester, you will be asked to pick up your cap and gown 1-2 days prior to Commencement day. Here are some details on what you will need to prepare for pick up:
- Bring a confirmation that you have completed the Attendance Form.
- In this same location, you will pick up your Pronouncer Card.
- If you are unable to pick up your cap and gown, you can send a designee:
- Send an email to email@example.com with your name, the name of the designee and ensure this person brings a photo ID with him or her.