Diploma Mailing Schedule
Recent Ceremony Diplomas
Please read this important information and if you have questions, please contact us via email only at email@example.com and we will return your email as soon as possible.
Diplomas are mailed 3 1/2 months after each commencement ceremony. Certification of each student's degree at the University of Memphis occurs after the Commencement ceremony. We order the diplomas when we receive the official word of certification from each college of school. We are unable to order diplomas early. We appreciate your patience and work to have diplomas ready as quickly as possible.
What is on the diploma?
- Student’s name
- College or School Name
- University Name
- Date of Graduation
- Academic honors (if earned)
- College honors (if earned)
- Departmental honors (if earned)
NO Majors/Concentrations are placed on the bachelor diploma for any reason.
Graduated students (excluding Late Certifications, Financial Holds, Judicial Holds)
Diplomas are mailed standard USPS. No tracking numbers available. They come in a 14x11 (14x17 law, biomedical and doctoral) white mailer with the word "Fragile or DO NOT BEND FRAGILE" in blue or red on the front. They will not fit in a standard postal box. You should double check with your local postal office if you do not receive your diploma timely to see if it is held up at the postal box due to size.
- If you have not received your diploma after 3 months, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Holds: Diplomas are typically held for 1 year, depending upon the nature or the reason the diploma was held.
- The Commencement Office's goal is to provide all graduates with diplomas in a timely manner.
- Listed below are the diploma mailing schedules for each graduation term.
- Diplomas for May graduates will be mailed by the Commencement Office by end of August 15 of the same year.
- Diplomas for August graduates will be mailed by the Commencement Office by November 15 of the same year.
- Diplomas for December graduates will be mailed by the Commencement Office by March 15 of the next year.
No diploma will be released to any student that has a financial hold or has not completed requirements for certification.
Individual Diploma Orders and Duplicate Reorders
- Clearing a Financial Hold
- If you have recently cleared a hold, contact us via email FIRST at email@example.com before stopping by the office. Most diplomas have to be reordered so email us with your Name, Unumber, Major and Full Address so the diploma can be processed for mailing.
- Individual Diplomas
- Diplomas reordered for any reason will be available three weeks from the day of inquiry, excludes holiday schedules, vacations or scheduled maintenance.
- Duplicate Reorders
- Once we receive your reorder request, it will take approximately three weeks for our vendor to process your diploma. The diploma will then be mailed to the address on file or provided by the receiver.