Online Fitness and Wellness Resources
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Recreation Center is closed. We are offering a wide array of online resources to help our students and members with their fitness and wellness. These resources include:
Online Fitness Classes:
- Yoga with Steve, Mon., Wed., and Fri., 4 p.m., Facebook Live @uofmreccenter
- Boot Camp with Linda, Mon., 12 p.m., Instagram Live @uofmcampusrec
- Hip Hop Cardio with Katie, Tues. and Thurs., 6 p.m., Facebook Live @uofmreccenter
- Total Body Workout with Leah, Wed., 3 p.m., Facebook Live, @uofmreccenter
- Virtual Nutrition Counseling
- Ask the Dietitian (ask a nutrition-related question via our social media channels or email, and our registered dietitian will answer it)
- Cooking demonstrations and recipe challenges on our social media channels
- Virtual intramurals and e-sports: check social media channels for current events
Aquatics and Safety
- Online workout videos geared to swimmers posted on social media
- Weekly safety and first aid videos posted on social media channels, including YouTube
Fitness and Wellness
- Ask the Trainer: Email your fitness-related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and a certified personal trainer will answer them
- Fitness and wellness-related videos and other resources posted regularly on social media
Get Fit. Have Fun. Feel Better!
Your mind, body, and spirit are worth taking care of. Campus Recreation Intramural Services can help you find your motivation for healthy living. Workouts don't have to be boring! Here at the Rec Center, you can join an intramural team, shoot some hoops, get your yoga on, improve your swim stroke in our pool, and sculpt or challenge your body in a number of different ways.
Students, employees, alumni, and community members are all welcome. Whatever you are looking to do to stay active, we have a ton of options for you, including: Intramural and Club Sports programs, state-of-the art cardio, weight, and functional training rooms, two indoor basketball gyms, a rowing studio, racquetball courts, a table tennis court, a fitness studio, group fitness classes, indoor and outdoor pools, indoor leisure pool, outdoor diving well, and a whirlpool, sauna, and steam room.