ESP Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use the Educational Support Program?
- Any University of Memphis student, undergraduate or graduate level, currently enrolled and taking courses at the UofM for which help is requested
- Any student who wants to be better in a particular class for which he/she is enrolled
- Any student who needs help improving his/her study skills
- Any student who needs help with standardized test preparation
- Students can use any ESP Learning Center on main campus, in the residence halls, and at the satellite locations
How do I find out the locations of the Learning Centers and what hours each center is opened?
- Click on the Learning Centers link in the blue navigational bar on the left side of this page
- Call the ESP office at 901.678.2704
- Call the telephone number listed for each ESP Learning Center
Is there a fee for tutoring?
Tutoring is FREE! There are no tutoring fees for UofM students at our Learning Centers or through our online 24/7 service.
Can I become a tutor?
- Call 901.678.2704, or come to Mitchell Hall 217, for information on the 15-hour tutor training program to become an ESP-certified tutor
- Watch for Training Schedule TBA
- Send an email to email@example.com to get on the email list for the next training class
Can I use my scholarship hours as an ESP tutor?
Yes, many scholarship students choose to do their service hours as tutors to satisfy the requirements of their particular scholarship. For information, call 901.678.2704, or come in to Mitchell Hall 217.
What if I'm taking a UofM online course?
You can get help at the ESP Learning Centers. Call 901.678.2704, or come in to Mitchell 217.