Engineering Technology Accreditation Information
The Bachelor of Science program in Engineering Technology (ET) is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives (PEO) of the Engineering Technology program are to produce graduates who, within five years of graduation, are prepared with the depth of knowledge, breadth of experiences, and an attitude of professionalism that will enable them to:
- Attain gainful employment in a related technical field providing personal and professional growth;
- Pursue professional development such as additional formal education, certifications and workshops;
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in their own chosen field;
- Apply a depth of knowledge and ability to manage, design, develop, analyze, and/or implement technical projects, demonstrating a quality of performance necessary to succeed in engineering technology careers.
Constituencies: Alumni, Faculty, and Employers
Revision Frequency: 4-5 years
Next Revision Cycle: Fall 2021
Graduates of Engineering Technology will have demonstrated:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes;
- An ability to function effectively as a member, as well as a leader, on technical teams.
BSET Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Enrollment (FT/PT)||Degrees Awarded|