Apply to Graduate School
COVID-19 Response: Limited-Time Offers
The UofM Graduate School is committed to assisting you in your academic pursuits and
offering temporary allowances to further your education in response to COVID-19. Applying
to graduate school is an important decision, especially during these challenging times,
and our faculty and staff at the Graduate School are here to help you every step of
the way. Take advantage of these limited-time opportunities and apply to the UofM
Graduate School today.
We are waiving standardized test requirements (GRE/GMAT) for many of our graduate programs. (See the list of participating programs below.)
We are accepting Duolingo, a fully-online English proficiency test, as an alternative to the currently accepted
*Applies to international applicants
*The application fee waiver deadline has passed.
Participating Degree Programs
Select a college below to see a list of participating programs that are waiving GRE/GMAT
requirements to date. Programs may be added as details are finalized. Please continue
to check back for the most up-to-date information.
Each program has different admission requirements and specifications regarding the standardized test waivers. For more information, email Anna.Grisham@memphis.edu.
- Anthropology - Test score requirements will be waived through Fall 2021 applications. In lieu of test scores, the department will conduct a holistic review of other application materials.
- Biological Sciences
- Center for Earthquake Research and Information (CERI)
- City and Regional Planning
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences - Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Mathematical Sciences may be able to waive some documentation normally required to complete a graduate application. Prospective students should contact Fernanda Botelho (Mathematicsemail@example.com) or Lih-Yuan Deng (Statisticsfirstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more.
- Political Science
- Public and Nonprofit Administration
- Through June 2021, GRE scores will not be required for applicants to any of the five psychology graduate programs (Ph.D. Clinical, Experimental, or School; Masters in General Psychology; Master of Arts/Educational Specialist School Psychology). Students who have taken the GRE Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytic tests may submit their scores if they wish. The Psychology Department will revisit this issue again August 2021.
- World Languages and Literatures - MA in Romance Languages with a concentration in French and Spanish
- Communication and Film
- Journalism and Strategic Media
- Early Childhood
- Educational Psychology and Research
- Higher & Adult Education
- Leadership & Policy Studies
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- None of the CPLS programs require the GRE for admission
MS in Accounting
MS in Information Systems
MSBA in Finance
- The Herff College of Engineering will waive the GRE requirement for the fall 2020 admission cycle. Standardized test scores will be required for spring 2021.
- None of the Wilson School programs require the GRE for admission
- None of the graduate nursing programs require the GRE for admission
- PhD in Musicology
- (No other music programs require the GRE)
- Clinical Nutrition
- Environmental Nutrition
- Nutrition Science
- Exercise, Sport & Movement Sciences
- Health Promotion
- Physical Education Teacher Education
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- Master of Science in Biostatistics (MS Biostatistics)
- PhD in Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- PhD in Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Social Work - A writing sample will be required in place of admissions exam