Save the Date: Virtual Graduate School Information Fair
Tuesday, October 5 - Wednesday, October 6 | 9-11 am and 2-4 pm
More information and registration link to follow.
Are you thinking about applying to the University of Memphis Graduate School? Do you
have questions about your academic options? Are you seeking information about our
COVID-19 response measures? If so, meet us during our virtual office hours. We would
love to speak to you directly about any questions or concerns you may be facing.
See below for our graduate school staff members and their current virtual office hours and dates.
Jameshia Jamison, Graduate Admissions Counselor
Tuesdays 11am – 12pm
January 11 – August 1
Christie Rakestraw, Graduate Admissions Counselor
Tuesdays 3 – 4pm (through December 14)
Meeting ID: 836 9776 0165
Anna Grisham, Recruitment and Retention Coordinator
Thursdays 10 – 11 am (through December 16)
Meeting ID: 836 3023 6354 | Passcode: 301072
Professional Development Seminars
Please visit the Graduate Student Association website for detailed information on the seminars being offered.
Want to earn a free Graduate School stole to wear at graduation? Attend five Professional Development Seminars or Thesis/Dissertation workshops and earn a free stole. View the GSA calendar of events >
Thesis & Dissertation Defense Announcements
Congratulations to our 2020 graduates!
Due to limitations of COVID-19, in liu of the traditional, in-person hooding ceremony, the Graduate School honored participating 2020 doctoral graduates with a Virtual Hooding. Select a ceremony below to learn more about the graduates and to honor the hard work and accomplishments of our students.
- June 2021 Student Research Spotlights: Jessica Herring and Jaclyn Joy Gish-Lieberman
- 2021 Graduate School Fellowship and Scholarship Winners Announced
- Graduate Students, Noor Ghazal Aswad and Malcolm Charles, receive recognition for their research on the Syrian revolution and alternative fuels
- 2021 Online Student Research Forum
- Political Science Graduate Student, Daniel Warner, receives West Tennessee Teacher of the Year Award for 2020-2021 Academic Year
- University of Memphis Receives $9.4 million from HRSA to Advance Social Work, Nursing and College of Education
- Dr. Yunusa Olufadi receives ASA Biopharmaceutical Section’s Student Scholarship Award
- University of Memphis Doctoral Student Awarded NIH F31 Fellowship
- The School of Public Health Offers its Internationally-accredited Health Care Interpreter Training Program this Summer Online
- 2020 Graduate School Fellowship and Scholarship Winners Announced
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks 11 UofM Graduate Programs
- University of Memphis Adds Two New Doctoral Programs and a Master’s Program
- Psychology Student Samuel Acuff Wins National Fellowship for Addiction Research
- The UofM leadership team is headed to India in February 2020!
- The Graduate School Supports Our Tigers!
- UofM Commencement speaker was once a high school dropout, homeless, unemployed and living on the streets of Memphis. He now holds a Master's degree in Social Work. Watch Jack's Story >
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks 19 UofM Graduate Programs Among Nation's Best
- UofM Biomedical Engineering Graduate Students Commemorate Biomaterials Day
- MHA program receives Innovation Award
- UofM Graduate Students Helping Rescue Efforts in Puerto Rico