Whether you are a prospective or current graduate student looking to further their education and advance their career, we are dedicated to providing professional guidance as you continue your drive and enhance the knowledge and experience you already possess. We welcome you to connect with us!
Welcome to our Spring 2023 Virtual Open House Series
Are you interested in pursuing your master’s or doctoral degree? Do you want to learn how to advance your career? Each month’s open house will have an exciting theme and topic. From continuing your academic pursuits, career development, to exploring new opportunities, our monthly UofM Graduate School Virtual Open Houses are a great resource. We will have representatives from our programs, supporting departments, and community partners that can answer your questions about programs of study, opportunities, how to apply, career opportunities, etc. Ready to sign up? Click the link below to discover more and register for a Virtual Open House!
- February 21, 2023: Virtual Graduate School Open House - Career Services & UMRF & Certificates
- March 29, 2023: Virtual Graduate School Open House - Business, Technology, Engineering, & Law
- April 13, 2023: Virtual Graduate School Open House - Education & Healthcare
- May 24, 2023: Virtual Graduate School Open House - Humanities & Social Sciences
- June 28, 2023: Virtual Graduate School Open House - Natural Sciences and UofM Global
- July 19, 2023: Virtual Graduate School Open House - Fall 2023 Semester FAQ with Financial Aid/USBS
Connect with us at these college fairs & events!
We are looking forward to connecting with you and sharing all of the benefits and opportunities that the University of Mempis Graduate School programs and certificates offer.
- January 27, 2023: January Graduate School Monthly Meet & Greet: University Center 1st floor Atrium from 11:00 am-1:00 pm
- February 9, 2023: February Graduate School Monthly Meet & Greet: University Center 1st floor Atrium from 11:00 am-1:00 pm
- March 17, 2023: March Graduate School Monthly Meet & Greet: University Center 1st floor Atrium from 11:00 am-1:00 pm
- March 23, 2023: Graduate School 2023 Spring Social
- April 3, 2023: Student Research Forum
- April 6, 2023: April Graduate School Monthly Meet & Greet: University Center 1st floor Atrium from 11:00 am-1:00 pm
- April 19, 2023: Graduate School Graduation Celebration & GSA Spring Award Ceremony
Are you thinking about applying to the University of Memphis Graduate School? Do you
have questions about your academic options? If so, meet us during our virtual office
hours & information session. We would love to speak to you directly about any questions
or concerns you may be facing.
See below for our graduate school staff members and their current virtual office hours and dates for January 23, 2023-May 31, 2023
Mar Newell, Graduate Admissions Counselor
Wednesdays 3 – 4:00 pm
Jameshia Jamison, Graduate Admissions Counselor
Mondays 10 – 11 am
Christie Rakestraw, Graduate Admissions Counselor
Tuesdays 3 – 4 pm
Connect with a Graduate Student!
Tuesdays 10 – 11 am (starting January 24, 2023!)
Meeting ID: 830 6009 1834 | Passcode: 404812
Professional Development Seminars
Please visit the Graduate Student Association website for detailed information on the seminars being offered.
Want to earn a free Graduate School stole to wear at graduation? Attend five Professional Development Seminars or Thesis/Dissertation workshops and earn a free stole. View the GSA calendar of events >
Thesis & Dissertation Defense Announcements
- Message from Dean of the Graduate School, Dr. Deborah Perron Tollefsen
- Namuum Batbaatar: 1st place Life & Sciences winner of the Graduate Student Research Forum
- The University of Memphis Takes 2nd Place at the 2022 Southeastern Hedge Fund Competition
- 2022 Graduate Student Research Forum Award Winners
- Graduate School Open House Schedule 2022
- February 2022 Graduate Student Spotlight: Gregory L. Szwabowski
- December 2021 Graduate Student Spotlight: Tharwa Bilbeisi
- November 2021 Graduate Student Spotlight: Lipika Sarangi
- Dr. Allison Fetz-Palazola named recipient of the 2021 Dorothy Arata Outstanding Dissertation Award
- June 2021 Student Research Spotlights: Jessica Herring and Jaclyn Joy Gish-Lieberman
- 2021 Graduate School Fellowship and Scholarship Winners Announced
- Graduate Students, Noor Ghazal Aswad and Malcolm Charles, receive recognition for their research on the Syrian revolution and alternative fuels
- 2021 Online Student Research Forum
- Political Science Graduate Student, Daniel Warner, receives West Tennessee Teacher of the Year Award for 2020-2021 Academic Year
- University of Memphis Receives $9.4 million from HRSA to Advance Social Work, Nursing and College of Education
- Dr. Yunusa Olufadi receives ASA Biopharmaceutical Section’s Student Scholarship Award
- University of Memphis Doctoral Student Awarded NIH F31 Fellowship
- The School of Public Health Offers its Internationally-accredited Health Care Interpreter Training Program this Summer Online
- 2020 Graduate School Fellowship and Scholarship Winners Announced
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks 11 UofM Graduate Programs
- University of Memphis Adds Two New Doctoral Programs and a Master’s Program
- Psychology Student Samuel Acuff Wins National Fellowship for Addiction Research
- The UofM leadership team is headed to India in February 2020!
- The Graduate School Supports Our Tigers!
- UofM Commencement speaker was once a high school dropout, homeless, unemployed and living on the streets of Memphis. He now holds a Master's degree in Social Work. Watch Jack's Story >
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks 19 UofM Graduate Programs Among Nation's Best
- UofM Biomedical Engineering Graduate Students Commemorate Biomaterials Day
- MHA program receives Innovation Award
- UofM Graduate Students Helping Rescue Efforts in Puerto Rico