The Lambuth Library is currently accepting applications for student library assistants for the upcoming term. Student library assistants assist staff with library operations and provide customer service including:
- Answering the telephone.
- Shelving books and other library items.
- Answering directional and very basic reference queries in person and by telephone.
- Checking materials in and out using the online system.
- Assisting patrons with equipment – photocopier, scanner, and printer.
- Giving basic assistance in using the library online catalog.
- Assisting patrons with study room and research consultation reservations.
- Assisting the staff with ongoing projects such as: shelf reading, inventory, processing of new materials, and others as directed.
- Running errands to other campus locations.
Applicants should be available to work 8-25 hours per week. While some daytime hours are available, preference is given to applicants who are available to work night and/or weekend shifts and possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and characteristics:
- Courteous and helpful customer service attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be dependable.
- Comfort and dexterity using a computer to accomplish work.
- Knowledge of library functions helpful (preferred, but not required).
- Experience in using libraries and online catalogs (preferred, but not required).
- Must be able to effectively work with a staff and diverse user population.
The library is a great place to work! If you are a current student who is available and interested in joining our team please download and complete the application found at https://www.memphis.edu/financialaid/pdfs/seemployapp.pdf.
Email the completed application to the campus librarian, Lisa Reilly, at firstname.lastname@example.org.